𝑻 𝑾 𝑬 𝑵 𝑻 𝒀

"Motherfucker!" Connor growled with a slight whimper of pain as he stumbled back. His hand wrapped around the handle of the dagger and pulled it from his back, his eyes fully silver. "What would you know about love?"

"Enough to pull this off," Sloan snapped back, showing her fangs in anger over Connor still breathing. She was certain it would've killed him, and it didn't.

"You didn't pull anything off." Connor smirked as he tossed the dagger over his shoulder, feeling his wound slowly closing up. It hurt like hell, but he wouldn't admit it. Not to her at least. "You failed. I ain't dead now am I?"

"No, but what needed to be done is done," she answered as an evil simper spread over her freckled face. She planted a hand on her hip. "Tobias's knocked-up bitch? You won't be seeing her ever again."

"She's not a bitch, she's my sister," he growled, casting a quick glance over his shoulder to the tree and the quilt. His heart sank. Esmeray wasn't there. He showed his canines as he turned his attention back to his mate, his anger growing. "What did you do with her?"

She laughed and shook her head, a coy smirk edging her lips. "I didn't do anything but distract you. She's with my lord Killian where she belongs other than six feet under."

"Your lord? What the actual fuck? You know what actually I don't care. This ends here and now." He rolled his shoulders and glared at her as she grinned at him cockily as if he wouldn't dare do anything. He relished the look of fear that swept across her face as he took the three steps forward, reaching out with a clawed hand and grabbing her by the throat before lifting her into the air.

"Connor," she gasped out, grabbing at his hand as her eyes widened. "L-let me go."

He smirked, his grip tightening before he through her into the nearest tree. He heard the satisfying smack of her body hitting the tree and he watched her slid down the rough bark. He didn't wait for her to rise, instead he stalked up to her like a man with a mission. He reached down to grab her again before he was flung back by a solid kick to the chest.

Sloan stood and pressed her hand to the side of her head, snarling as it came back covered in warm dark blood. She walked around Connor slowly as he stood to his feet, looking for signs of weakness or anything she could use as a point of attack. "Think you could get rid of me that easily? Pathetic."

"And you would know," Connor retorted in a tone laced with playfulness and anger. His body language remained calm, and that unnerved her. "It is your middle name, after all."

"Shut up!" She screeched, throwing herself at him with clawed hands at the ready.

The force and speed of Sloan's body knocked Connor off his feet when she crashed into him. The two of them rolled along the ground with growls and snarls, battling it out in the thick grass.

A loud squeal tore from Sloan's lip and she arched her body under Connor, whimpering with pain as she tried to reach around to her back. Tears ran down her cheeks and she half-heartedly shoved at his chest with pain-brightened eyes. "Get the h-hell off me. . .I've been stabbed."

Connor debated for half a second but by her body language he knew she was telling the truth. He stood up and pulled her up with himself, grabbing her arm and forcing it around and to her back. He pulled it up further and she cried out in pain. He could see the hilt of her dagger sticking out of her mid chest and he knew it was a mortal wound. He pushed her forward while keeping control on her using her twisted arm. "Move it. You better not start any funny business."

As Sloan began to walk in the direction Connor pointed her, a few guards rushed on the scene with concern and alarm. The biggest of the two reached out for Sloan but withdrawn once Connor showed his fangs. "Beta, what's going on?"

"The question is, where the hell were y'all earlier?" Connor snapped as he pushed past the two guards and forced Sloan forward.

The smaller guard bit his lip and ran his fingers through his thick black hair. "We're sorry sir. The young warriors had been training. Once they stopped we heard something going on over here."

Connor sighed and grinded his teeth together as he made his way down the hill and toward the pack doctor's with Sloan. He knew any sounds of an actual struggle would be drowned out by the young warriors and he knew he'd snapped wrongly but he couldn't help but be angry and everything and everyone. Even himself. "Understood. Ready our fastest warrior and send them after Tobias and bring the alpha home. It's an emergency."

Both guards nodded sharply. "Consider it done," they said in unison before jogging off to do the beta's bidding.

"What kind of alpha l-leaves his Luna unguarded?" Sloan coughed out, wiping blood from her mouth with her free hand. She winced as Connor's chest bumped into the dagger's handle and she stumbled slightly. She knew she wouldn't survive this, but death was worth getting back at Connor. She knew how much his sister meant to him and how scared he was of losing her. She smirked before she coughed again, pitching forward in her weakened state and pressing against the door Connor lead her too.

Connor disregarded her statement. He knew she was only trying to pick at his already frazzled sense of peace. He snorted. Hell, what peace? He had none. He shoved Sloan forward before opening the door and letting her fall to the floor. "Lily, got you a job to do."

Lillian's eyes widened and she instantly rushed to Sloan's side, taking in everything that appeared to be wrong. "What's the job?"

"Keep this fucker alive until Tobias gets here," Connor commanded before he gave Sloan a sharp kick in the ribs that didn't hold the dagger. His cold eyes gaze swept over Sloan as she curled up and sobbed in pain before he turned to Lillian. "Be careful with the bitch. She tried to kill me."

"And why keep her in torture like this?" Lillian asked as she stood and rifled through one of the many drawers and pulled out a few dried leaves. "All I can give her is something to ease the pain."

"She's partly responsible for the Luna's kidnapping and don't you fucking dare ease her pain. Let her suffer," Connor answered in a demanding tone, his eyes blazing with anger and a mix of other unreadable emotions.

Lillian quickly returned the herbs and looked to Connor with marked concern. "The Luna's kidnapping?"

"Yes but I won't say anything until Tobias is here," Connor stated, his gaze switching between Lillian and the bleeding Sloan who was hugging herself on the floor. He turned and crossed his arms before rubbing his face. "How long does she have?"

"Fifteen minutes tops." Lilith sighed, loosely crossing her arms while a wet cough rattled from Sloan. She opened her mouth to say more but stopped when she noticed blood on his back. Her brows lowered and she walked up and touched it, tilting her head as he flinched. "Hold still and let me see."

"Whatever you say, Captain," he said sarcastically, standing completely still as she pulled his shirt off and inspected his back.

Lillian took in a soft breath, her eyes scanning the rigid muscles of his back before landing on a partially healed stab wound. She wanted to doctor him up, but something else pulled at her. Something more deeper, something instinctual. Her lips parted as she drew in another breath. "Connor."

Connor's body recognized her tone and a warmth spread over him. He glanced one more time at a slightly conscious Sloan before sighing. In one fluid movement, her turned and wrapped his arms around Lillian, feeling the soft warmth of her lips meeting his passionately and slowly.