empty

the drink you spilt all over me

Empty was the only word that could say how Lexy was feeling

Empty was the only word that could say how Lexy was feeling. She hadn't been out of her bed in days. Even though she did whatever she wanted every day, Alby had excused her from her medic duties. Jeff and Clint could easily handle a few cuts and legs needing bandaging up. Her treehouse home was lifeless and silent. No stupid jokes, no screaming from being tickled and no drunk singing. All of this emptiness and sorrow because of a stupid argument. She couldn't even remember what they were arguing about.

It was never a jealous relationship. More of a silent but loving. Always present. They would never show their love off but behind closed doors, the love was always lingering. Everyone knew that if they were together in the treehouse, no one was to go and disrupt them. Chuck learned this the hard way unfortunately as one time he walked in on what could have scarred him forever but luckily their clothes were still on.

Lexy thought about Chuck. He must be struggling without his adoptive sister. The day the young boy came up in the box was probably the funniest day of her life. It had nearly been a month since he arrived so another was due any day soon, hopefully not too soon as she didn't yet have the willpower to see and talk to people. He kept falling down again when he was trying to climb out the box so she and Gally had to haul him out the box. She tried her hardest not to laugh at him but when he walked into a wooden post, she absolutely lost it. Thankfully he never asked many questions which was always a good thing. Since he was so young, Lexy took him under her wing and protected him. Not many of the other gladers liked him so it was mostly just Chuck and Lexy.

From her bed, she could see North entrance to the maze. Everyone was going about their daily routine but one thing that she noticed that it was noticeably quieter. Almost too quiet. Everyone knew what had happened. Everyone heard the shouting and crying. Alby tried to tell everyone to ignore it but they were all too intrigued in what was going on between the golden couple of the glade. 

She was the first in the glade. A full month she had to fend for herself before Alby came up. Lexy remembers that month like it was yesterday. She spent a few days studying the pattern of the doors opening in which she would then go into the maze only to be faced with these big creatures that nearly killed her. Lexy kept the last bit a secret from everyone except the runners who then named these things grievers when they first killed a runner. 

As she was the first and only girl in the glade, she was given the nickname "the princess". Everyone loved her but couldn't be with her. If you even thought about coming onto her, you would either be annihilated by Alby or being kicked in the balls by Lexy. It had happened multiple times, each learned their lesson. 

She was truly the princess of the glade and her prince was Newt.

But not anymore.

lucy speaks

OMFG Y'ALL I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH 

i think its my favourite I've ever written

bit of background before my bby Thomas comes up in that box so you all know the story before the beginning

i was a bit vague for the reason why they split but don't worry more will be revealed in due course

anyway don't forget to vote and comment

xoxo