fire

my mom and dad let me stay home

The heat from the fire warmed Lexy's hands as she held her hands beside it

The heat from the fire warmed Lexy's hands as she held her hands beside it. She sat down next to Gally who was drinking his self made, very strong drink. When he noticed her, he turned around and offered her a drink, which she declined quickly. God knows where Chuck was. He was probably talking someone's ears off because that boy could talk for hours on end.

***

"We're trapped here, aren't we."

Newt turned to the greenie who had just asked his thousandth question of the night.

"For the moment but, you see them guys by the fire, those are the runners and they will get us out. They go into the maze every day and memorize it."

"How long have they been looking."

"Three years."

This shocked the boy. Three years and nothing. His eyes scanned over the glade and the gladers. 

"What was all that earlier with you and Lexy, it seemed like something had happened."

Newt gulped. He forgot about earlier and how the greenie saw it.

"Yeah something did," he said, avoiding eye contact by looking at the sky.

"I basically told her that she deserves better than me and that she should find someone who can protect her from what's to come."

Tears began to form in his eyes as he said that. 

"When did you tell her."

"About a week ago."

"Why."

"I sometimes have these dreams where it tells me the future and two weeks ago, it said that something bad is brewing and that I had to make sure Lexy had someone to protect her."

"Why can't you protect her."

"Because in the dream it said something was going to happen to me."

"Do you know when this is going to happen?"

Newt knew he had said too much at this point.

"Look, it might not even happen and it might be like 50 years in the future so I wouldn't worry about it."

Copying Newt, the greenie leant back and looked up.

"Do you still love her?" he said bluntly.

Newt didn't even have to think about his answer.

"Of course I do, I always will even if she's with someone else."

"Who do you think will protect her."

"God do you ever stop asking questions, Nah I don't think it will be any of these shanks, they're not allowed to touch her, "  Newt chuckled

"Come one, you're meant to be the guest of honour not sitting here listening to my love life," He said standing up and putting out his hand to help him stand up.

He took the greenie around and told him what everyone's job was and who they were.

"What do you say, Greenie?" Gally stood in the middle of a ring, challenging him to a fight.

Lexy sat at the sidelines, watching it all go down.

"The rules are simple, Greenie. I try to push you out of the circle, you try to last more than five seconds."

"Take it easy on the Greenie," Lexy shouted from the sidelines.

Gally pushes him to the ground.

"Come on, Greenie. We're not done yet."

"Stop calling me Greenie," the boy said, agitated.

What do you wanna be called? Shank? What do you think, boys? Does he look like a Shank?"

The crowd jeered but Lexy and Newt both looked concerned for the boy. They made eye contact when the greenie started to run towards Gally at an alarmingly fast rate. Even though it only lasted mere seconds, it felt like a lifetime.

After a few moments of wrestling, the brown-haired boy was pushed to the ground yet again.

He got up and ran at him again and forced him to the sandy floor.

The group was shocked. No one ever bet Gally at this game or even got him to the ground.

He started walking towards the boy on the ground when he turned his legs around decking the boy who then hit his head hard off the floor.

"Thomas, I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

lucy speaks

heyyyyyy boos 

so

short chapter but 

hehe newts confession

how'd yall like it

bit of a gamechanger and my bby Thomas knows his name

anyway

dont forget to vote and comment

xoxox