night

we can talk it good

They were out. 

Alive

"What happened out there?" Gally asked.

"How did you guys make it out?"

"Did you see a griever?"

Everyone looked at the two boys, waiting in suspense for an answer.

"Yeah, I saw one," Thomas said.

"He didn't just see it, He killed it," Minho added.

The gladers were all shocked. Thomas had actually killed a griever. 

Snapping everyone out of their daydream, Alby started to groan in pain. Lexy sent Jeff to the med - wing to fetch a stretcher to carry him. Gally and Newt lifted him onto it and then Lexy, Thomas and a few other gladers followed them. 

Alby started to have fits while in the med wing. Thomas, Newt and Lexy stood back and watched him. Lexy knew he had been stung and to be honest, she was shitting herself. If a miracle didn't happen soon, he would go through the changing and then they would have to force him into the maze.

Eventually, he settled into a deep sleep, unlike the council members who were holding yet another meeting. Unlike the last one, all of the gladers were present. 

This one Gally had called. He was angry that Thomas had not been punished for breaking one of the glade's most important rules.

"Things are changing. There's no denying that" Gally began

"First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight, then Alby and now our Greenie, here,
has taken it upon himself to go into the maze, Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he saved Alby's life," Fry piped up.

"Did he though, Lexy you're the medic here, would you say that Alby is healing."

Lexy didn't know what to say. Alby wasn't in a good way but Gally was making this all out as if Thomas was in the wrong when he wasn't. Sure, he shouldn't have gone into the maze but at least they made it alive.

"Alby has been stung as we all know but...."

Gally had cut her off and began talking again. Everyone was shocked. No one cut her off. Lexy raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. She looked at Newt who gave her a stunned look.

"See, Thomas' actions haven't helped Alby. He probably has made him worse."

Lexy walked over to the middle of the room.

"Thank you Gally but I think I'll be taking over this meeting now so go sit down."

Gally tried to argue with her but she wasn't having any of it. Everyone smiled at her, tired of Gally's bullshit.