search

we can talk it so good

Everyone went to bed relatively quickly after what had happened

Everyone went to bed relatively quickly after what had happened. The sun had set slowly, painting the sky an orange-pink colour. Lexy sat on her balcony. Her legs dangling off as she rested her arms on the railing. No one was asleep, just in their hammocks. The glade was silent but not a good silence.

The colour was draining from the sky as the darkness took over. Lexy was still sitting there. She hadn't even noticed that she was crying until a tear landed on her chest.

Thomas had noticed she was crying. He could see her from his unstable hammock which had fallen twice in the last two hours. Her tears were illuminated by the lit torch beside her. She looked so peaceful, staring at the horizon. Ben's face was stuck in his head. His scream was ringing in his ears. It was traumatizing, to say the least.

Lexy knew that tomorrow, Alby and Minho would go into the maze to trace Ben's footsteps as they did with anyone who had been stung. Newt and her would get up early to see them off.

***

"You sure you both want to do this," Lexy asked Minho and Alby who were tying their shoelaces.

"Yes, we'll be fine."

Both of them ran off into the maze and turned the corner. Lexy was scared, she wasn't sure why but she had a bad feeling about this. She started to pick at her cuticles which was what she did when she was never. Newt noticed this, she always did it and he would try to get her out of the habit of doing it.

"Lex, they'll be fine," he said while grabbing her hands to stop her from picking at the bleeding skin.

"I know but I still have a bad feeling."

"Don't worry."

She nodded. Newt walked away leaving Lexy standing at the doors.

She gathered herself and walked to the med-bay. Thomas was sitting outside. When he noticed her, he stood up quickly.

"What are you doing," she asked him.

"Todays when I see if I could be a med-jack."

"Oh right, ok."

Inside, Jeff and two slicers were standing. The two slicers, who Lexy couldn't remember the names of, had cuts on their legs.

"Hey Jeff, Thomas and I will take this one," she said while taking one of them into the other room.

The one they had taken had a smaller cut but was complaining more.

"So Thomas, what would you do first," she asked the boy who clearly had no clue.

"Uhm, cover it up."

"No, you would clean the wound first."

Thomas looked slightly embarrassed.

"Nevermind, how about I do this one and you watch."

Lexy cleaned, carefully wrapped up the wound and set the slicer on his way.

"Ok, so let's have you wrap up my leg," Lexy turned to Thomas.

He took the muslin cloth and delicately wrapped it around her leg. He noticed on her finger she had a small bronze ring with what looks like a star encraved on it.

"What's that," he said, pointing to it.

"When I first arrived here, I had it."

"Who's it from."

"I don't know, I can't remember."

Thomas leant back from her leg, showing her the bandage. It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't the best.

"Let's go, that's us done."

The sky was a bleak, grey colour, signifying that it was going to rain pretty soon. Alby and Minho weren't back yet.

Right enough, it started to rain heavily. Everyone took shelter under the tree and watched the maze doors for any sign of the runners. Still nothing.

***

An hour had passed. Most of the gladers were in the homestead, taking shelter from the rain. The homestead was also where a impromptu meeting was taking place .

"They're going to have to be back here in the next hour or else that's them gone," Gally said.

"Listen to me Gally, they will be fine and back soon," Lexy responded, slightly raising her voice.

Gally knew he couldn't argue with Lexy. She was in charge.

Lexy tried to keep positive but she couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen or has happened.

"We'll stay in here for another half an hour until the rain goes off and if they aren't back by then, we'll all stand outside the doors."

"Does that sound good," she continued.

Everyone groaned a yes.

"Good, meeting dismissed."

She went and sat beside Chuck. Newt looked at her and could tell she was nervous.

***

They still weren't back. The gates were close to shutting. Everyone was gathered in front of them. Newt and Lexy front and centre.

"What happens if they don't make it," Thomas asked.

"They're gonna make it," Lexy answered, firmly.

"Come on, guys, can't we send someone after them?"

Lexy turned around to face Thomas. She shook her head slowly.

"That's against the rules."

"Either they make it back or they don't," Gally said.

"We can't risk losing anyone else."

Suddenly, the machinery inside the walls started to click and slowly move towards each other. at the same time, Minho and Alby appeared although it looked like Minho was carrying Alby as if he was hurt in some way.

"Wait, something's wrong."

"Come on, Minho, you can do it!" Chuck shouted.

Everyone started to cheer on Minho as the walls kept moving in.

He started to struggle. Crumbling under Alby's weight, he fell to the the ground.

They were nearly out of sight.

As if in slow motion, Thomas barged past her and ran through the closing gap and into the maze.

He was gone.

Lexy looked at Newt.

"Fuck," she thought.

lucy speaks

heyyyyyy so sorry for the really late updates

i actually watched all of tmr movies with my brother over the weekend and i didn't get time to write but back to normal this week

next update will be saturday

anyway don't forget to vote and comment

xoxo