changes

it drives you crazy getting old

After Thomas hit his head pretty hard off the floor, Alby sent Lexy with Thomas to the med-bay to check if he had any injuries

After Thomas hit his head pretty hard off the floor, Alby sent Lexy with Thomas to the med-bay to check if he had any injuries. The party was dying down anyway so they weren't missing anything good. Some people had gone to bed but somehow Chuck, the youngest of everyone was just as hyper as he was at the start of the night.

Thomas sat down on the bed while Lexy carefully brushed back his hair and examined his head, looking for any bruises or blood. Her nimble fingers swept across his scalp.

"Ok, so I think you have a couple of bruises, and you're not bleeding anywhere so I think you'll be fine which is surprising because you hit your head pretty hard."

"Thanks, uhm Newt kinda told me what happened between you two."

"I don't want to talk about it," she said.

For a few minutes, there was an awkward silence.

"Well, I'm going to bed so I'll see you in the morning," Lexy announced.

"Lexy, where should I sleep?"

"Did Alby not show you where you should sleep."

"No, he must've thought you would."

She led him out of the hut. The party was mostly over with just a few sitting around the fire, finishing off their drinks.

"So, here we have your hammock beside Chuck's,"she whispered so as to not wake the young boy in the hammock.

"Thanks Lex."

She started to walk away but looked back when Thomas called her name.

"Where's your hammock?"

"I don't have one, I live in the treehouse,"she laughes as she pointed to the tree where she lived.

***

Lexy was tired. She didn't sleep much, probably due to the fact that this was her first day out since the fight. The balcony looked out onto the glade and from it, she had a clear view of the maze doors. Alby and Thomas were talking there. He was probably explaining the scored out names on the doors. All of the gladers that have gone. She can remember all of them.

 Turning round, she looked at her tree house. Her makeshift bed was made from spare material and wool from the sheep that had became the gladers meals. Her small wooden desk, she had made with Newt one hot day when they had chopped down a tree for fun. It had took them all day. 

On the floor, small dainty flowers were dotted all around. They all grew in the woods so she would go pick them often. She bent down and picked up her favourite. It was a small daisy with pure white petals. Chuck had gave it to her the day before the breakup.

"LEXY," someone shouted from the ground.

Startled, she looked over the railing to see Chuck, Thomas and Newt standing there.

"Come down and hurry, Thomas is asking too many questions for us to answer," Chuck beckoned. Lexy chuckled at the boys statement.

Thomas tried to defend himself but his voice was drowned out by Chuck

Lexy climbed down the trees and jumped down.

"So Chuck, what do you need to clean today?" Newt asked the boy who was walking next to Lexy.

Lexy had forgotton Newt was there since he had been so quiet.

"Nothing so far, which is good so i can just hang out until i get a job."

Newt began to water the plants as the others kept talking.

"Thomas, make yourself useful and go dig up some fertilizer."

He walked off into the woods.

"What about you, Lex, no one to look after," Newt asked her.

That was the first time he had said her nickname in what felt like forever.

"Nah, Jeff told me if anyone needed tending to, he would do it."

Newt was about to say something when Thomas started sprinting out the woods being chased by what looked like Ben and screaming for help. 

"What the fuck," Lexy muttered as she started to jog over to where Ben was now on top of Thomas beating him.

She started to sprint when she noticed that he was trying to bite him.

Newt hit Ben over the head with a spade just in time.

"Hold him down," Alby shouted as Ben lay wrestling some of the runners who were trying to keep him down.

By the look of his skin and eyes, it looked as if he could've been ... stung.

Surely not.

But they had to check.

"Lift his shirt," Lexy said.

Everyone looked at her with a begging face, they all knew why she was asking but none wanted her suspicions to be accurate.

"No, please no," Bem screamed, squirming.

Alby pulled up to reveal a sting.

"He's been stung."

Everyone started to whisper among themselves. Lexy looked at Alby then at Newt, both of them looked extremely worried.

***

Ben had to go. He was going through the changing and soon enough, he would become a crank.

The gladers assembled. They held big sticks which had a bit on the end whuch would push ben into the maze. Everyone except from Thomas, Chuck and Lexy who were excused from it. Minho threw in a days supplies. 

They started to move in. 

Pushing him into the maze.

He screamed everyones name for mercy. 

The walls started to close in on him. 

He kept screaming.

The walls slammed shut

and Ben was gone.

heyyyy so new chapter

sorry its a day late 

tehe 

a bit more dialogue between newtie and lex 

and my baby chuck being amazing

and obvs daddy thomas

anywayy don't forget to vote and comment

xoxo