wake

the drink you spilt all over me

It had been 3 days since the box arrived early with the girl

It had been 3 days since the box arrived early with the girl. She remained stable in the med-wing, still sleeping soundly. Lexy and the rest of the med-jacks had taken it in turns to watch over her. They were meant to be watching for any sign of movement but they mostly just slept due to their lack of sleep. 

Thomas had been trying to become an official runner and get a team of gladers to come with him into the maze to dissect the griever. So far he had been unlucky in his attempts to build a team but the runner title was likely to happen. Gally had been trying to gain more control in the council and make sure he couldn't become one. 

***

Lexy was sitting in the runners'  hut with Thomas, Newt and Minho trying to decipher the note that came with the girl. 

"Maybe it's an anagram?" Minho suggested 

"Try it, we might as well."

Lexy could hear someone approaching the hut. It was Chuck who looked like he had just run a mile.

"Uhm, Lexy, Jeff told me to tell you that the girl is awake," he said, very out of breath.

Lexy turned to Thomas and Newt. She jumped up and ran to the hut, followed closely by Thomas and Newt.

She wasn't at the hut. She was on top of Lexy's hut throwing all of her possessions at the gladers.

"Oh hell no," Lexy said as she ran up her ladder.

"What do you think you're doing," Lexy shouted at the girl.

"They're trying to attack m..." she stopped when she turned around.

"You're a girl," The girl said.

"Yeah I am and I assure you they are not trying to attack you."

The girl stayed silent, looking at Lexy taking in all of her. She slowly let down Lexy's chair which she was about to throw at some lucky glader. 

"Do you remember anything from before, your name, anything?"

"Teresa, my name's Teresa."

"Hi Teresa, my name's Lexy."

Thomas climbed up the stairs to see what was happening between the two girls. Teresa spotted him in the corner.

"Are you this Thomas everyone's been talking about," Teresa asked.

Lexy turned round in surprise, not knowing Thomas was behind her. She turned around and smiled at the boy who she had been getting closer to the past few nights. He had to stay in the slammer for a few more nights so Lexy had kept him company. 

Thomas got up and started speaking to Teresa. Lexy climbed back down her ladder to see that Newt had collected all of her stuff that Teresa had thrown down. 

"The chairs back right leg has snapped but it'll be easy to fix."

"Thanks Newt," She smiled.

"So what's up with her then," Gally asked, walking over to the two.

"She can already remember her name, it's Teresa."

"Well I think Teresa might have some anger issues," Gally said, pointing to the pile of Lexy's furniture in front of Newt.

"Thomas is up there talking to her right now, I think something going on there."

"Obviously, if she said his name."

"We'll have to see."

***

Teresa had started to settle in, helping with Chuck as Winston supervised them. Thomas hadn't told Lexy what Teresa said to him and it was really bugging her. He had gotten a team together to go into the maze with him to find the dead griever. 

"I don't get why you want to do this, take apart a griever, what purpose does it serve," Lexy asked Thomas.

"We might find the answer to getting out of this place from the griever, don't you want that."

No. Deep down Lexy wanted to stay here, grow old here. She couldn't imagine being anywhere else, this was her home, her only home. Lexy knew many wanted to leave but no one had been so passionate about it that Thomas. He knew she didn't want to leave so why was he doing this.

Thomas led the group of 5 (him, Minho, Frypan, Zart and Winston) into the maze. 

lucy speaks 

heyy 

sorry for the month off 

i had no time at all to write

this book is like half way done soooo

dont forget to vote and comment xoxo