new

lovers spit left on repeat

Today, Lexy thought, today was the day she was going to leave her treehouse and face the gladers

Today, Lexy thought, today was the day she was going to leave her treehouse and face the gladers. It had been 12 days since the fight. 12 days that the glade had been silent but no more. She changed out of her comfier shorts and into her orange vest and her khaki style trousers, laced up her boots and climbed down the ladder.

A few noticed her at first but didn't say anything, simply moved out of her way. She half-smiled at them but kept on walking. Not wanting to see anyone else, Lexy walked straight to the med bay. It was quite early so she didn't expect anyone to be there. Jeff usually didn't get up until at least 12 and Clint barely ever showed up to work sober. 

The medbay stood on its own.  A small thatched wooden hut. When she walked in, she could see silhouettes behind the curtain and could tell one of them was the one person who she didn't want to see.

Newt

Lexy swallowed her pride and stepped in.

"Hey Lex, how are you," Gally, the first to see her, said.

Frypan, Chuck, Alby and Minho all turned to her. Newt just looked at her from the corner of his eye.

"Lexy, I missed you," Chuck said while running up to her and engulfing her in a hug.

She was taken back by it but relaxed into it.

"Aww, I missed you, what are you all doing here."

"We were just talking about when the new greenie must come up."

"Yeah I was thinking about that, must be soon."

Newt still hadn't looked at her, it was like he was a different person than the one who would wake her up with cuddles and kisses every morning.

After an awkward silence, the loud alarm for the box sounded. Chuck who obviously had never heard it before covered his ears while the others had gotten used to it.

The small group walked out of the hut to see most of the gladers making their way to the hole where the box was Gally and Frypan hauled the cage doors off it. Everyone was now huddled over, looking into the box.

An extremely scared, sweaty, brown-haired boy sat at the edge of the caged box surrounded by food parcels. Gally jumped down to see the boy.

"Day one greenie, rise and shine."

Some of the boys muttered comments on his appearance and how scared he looked. All of a sudden, the boy jumped up, barged through the group and started sprinting. He nearly got to the wall when he tripped up over his feet and faceplanted. The boys groaned. 

Slowly, the greenie stood up and started to realise where he was. 

***

Alby was showing the boy about since that was one of his duties as leader of the glade. He led the boy out of the slammer where he had been since his failed attempt to escape. Lexy watched the two from outside the medbay. It was hotter than usual today and no one was injured or needed looking after so Lexy just sat outside picking at her hair like always. Before what happened, Newt would usually join her and they would play a game.

Lexy was snapped out of her daydream when Alby and the nameless greenie came over.

"Greenie, meet Lexy, she's the princess of the glade."

She jumped up and shook his hand. He looked at her as if he slightly recognised her.

"Lex, could you show him about, I have to help fry in the kitchen with something," Alby said while walking away.

Lexy knew that he was bluffing as she could see Fry messing about with Gally and Ben near the hut but she wasn't in the mood for arguing with him. 

"So," she turned to the boy, "what has Alby already told you about the glade."

"Just about the box and that this is where you all live."

They started walking to the homestead.

"So why do they call you the princess."

"Mostly because I was the first one to come up in the box, I'm the only girl and I'm very heavily guarded," Lexy said, laughing.

"Who guarded you."

"I had three main guards: Gally, Alby and N..."

Just as they turned the corner, Newt bumped into them. He looked at her and took a step back. 

"Greenie, meet Newt, he's in change when Alby and I aren't around," Lexy muttered, barely being able to look him in the eye.

"You giving him the tour then," Newt just stared at  the floor."

He wasn't his happy usual self and this hurt her but at the same time, he still broke her.

"Yeah, so we'll be on our way then."

Lexy grabbed the greenie's arm and dragged him away.

"What was that about, seemed like there's tension between you two," he stopped Lexy who was almost running in the opposite direction of Newt.

"You'll find out soon enough."

They walked over to Chuck who Lexy was desperate to see.

"CHUCKIE," Lexy shouted over to the bloodhouse which Chuck was cleaning.

He ran out and came over to the two.

Chuck, meet green bean."

The smaller boy smiled at him. 

"Is there going to be a bonfire tonight because we have a new glader."

"There sure is."

lucy speaks

heyyyyyy bbys hope you enjoyed this chapter, I rushed the ending a bit but its ok

we love a bit of tension between lexy and newt

this book will be getting uploads on Wednesday and Saturday from now on 

don't forget to vote and comment

xoxo