꧁ 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑠 ꧂

[ requested by nefarioustendencies ]

Kageyama stormed into his bedroom after losing a match, not acknowledging his girlfriend, (Y/N), studying on his bed. He slammed the door and punched the wood, with brutal force. He felt tears brimming in his eyes, but if he let them fall, he would feel weak.

"What the hell happened to you.." (Y/N) finally spoke up, after witnessing the scene. Kageyama, now embarrassed and angry, turned to look at the girl.

"Why are you here?" He spat his words at her with a harsh tone. She raised an eyebrow and bit her tongue to hold back.

"Tobio, just because you're mad does not mean you can take it out on me." She replied calmly, hoping not to anger him more.

"Shut up! I can do what I want!" He yelled at the smaller girl, making her eyes widen. He regretted yelling at her, all these mixed feelings finally making the tears fall from his eyes as he balled his fists up by his sides.

Kageyama stood there in silence, just thinking 'Do it. Break up with me. I'm not worth your time. I treat you badly. Yell at me. Scold me. I deserve it.'

The silence lingered for a few moments, before (Y/N) stood, and carefully wrapped her arms around his muscular frame. His teary eyes widened and looked down at his girlfriend, embracing him in a loving hug.

"I didn't mean to anger you.. I'm sorry sweetheart.." (Y/N) said in a quiet tone, a tone comforting to the raven-haired setter.

He wrapped his arms around her tightly, hid his face in her hair and began to cry uncontrollably. She rubbed his back and kisses his shoulder in comfort.

"Did you lose?" (Y/N) questioned him about the earlier match. Kageyama nodded, and gripped tightly onto the back of her school blazer.

"It's all my fault. If i had just-"

(Y/N) quickly cut him off. "Tobio stop. Having a negative mindset won't let you improve. If it was your fault or not, you can't blame yourself for everything. You are a team. You win together and lose together. Not everything is your fault."

Kageyama could feel a sting in his heart from her gentle words. His tears increased and he hugged her even tighter than before.

"I-I love you (Y/N).." He choked through the tears and felt a gentle smile forming on his face.

(Y/N) blushed, since this was something Kageyama would rarely say, because of his nervousness. She smiled and kissed his cheek gently.

"I love you so much more, Tobio."

꧁ ☀︎︎ ꧂

hello! woahhh author-chan is alive!!1!
yeah i was dead for a long time i'm SORRY but here is another chapter to put u all in ur feels.
anyways this book has been growing like crazy and i cant thank you enough! <3
if you're a new reader or if you've been here from the start, i love you all the same. thank you!
enjoy your day/night!