6

c a l u m

"what's the deal with you and may?" asking luke while he was playing fifa.

"i don't know, what is the deal?" he responds back.

"you know what i mean hemmo," i snapped, "are you guys like.. something?"

"yeah we are, it's called friendship"

for a moment there, my heart jumped but it wasn't for any reason particular. i don't like may in any way, in fact - i completely despise her. "i thought me and you didn't like her" i questioned him more.

"you don't like her," luke corrected me, "and just because you do, i don't. she's actually pretty cool"

"would you date her?"

"why does it matter?" he paused his game and turned towards me, "are you afraid that i'm gonna take your little crush away from you?"

"crush? i do-"

"shut it cal" luke interrupts me, "did you forget that i'm a complete genius? i'm not dumb if you noticed, it's pretty obvious that you're interested in her and you're just using katie to run away from the fact that you do." everything went silent. "i don't get it dude, stop being such a fuckboy and ask her out already. what's the deal between you two?"

"there's no deal" i declared, "she hates me and i hate her right back."

"right" luke goes back and resumes his game.

-

later that day luke left to go meet with ash and may at the coffee shop. i couldn't hang with michael cause he was too busy doing things with skylar and katie? i just didn't want to be around her.

somehow i ended up at the mall by myself, i forgot why i even came here in the first place. so now i'm just walking; scanning each store i pass by.

"hey babe.." i hear a conversation nearby me. it was a couple in front of the PINK store.

"i gotchu something" the guy says as he wraps his arms around his girlfriend, revealing a small bag from the store.

"aw babe! i love it!" the girlfriend smiled widely and turns to give her boy a hug. he grabs her by the waist and spins her around.

wow, they seemed almost .. perfect. the perfect couple.

i turned around and viewed at the other things; i saw that everyone had someone right by their side .. except me.