13

c a l u m
as we exited the movie theaters, may challenged me to a race, so i simply accepted.

we started to run and run, we both ran at the same pace till she knocked over a trash can to slow me down. "hey! that's cheating!" i yelled.

"says who?" she yells back showing a big old smirk.

i finally catch up to her and we both stopped. "so that mean i win" may proudly says.

"no you aren't," i huffed, "if you were to do that at a track race, you would've been disqualified"

"but guess what? we weren't in a track race" she smirked. her eyes start to roam around to the place we stopped running, she started to push the branches and vines out of her way, so i suggested i follow her.

there was a lake nearby, the moonlight was reflected by the flowing crystal blue water. "this is pretty, isn't it?" her eyes were glowing this time.

"y-yeah, it is" i started to stutter once more.

we sat down at the edge with both of our feet hanging off the deck. "remember jamie simmon's pool party?" may asked me.

"of course"

"and you pushed me into the pool and embarrassed me in front of everyone?"

i started to laugh with the memory forming in my head, "you hated me so much for that"

"yeah cause i was wearing a white shirt that day and everyone saw my bra!"

i laughed even more, "that was the point!" i suddenly felt a strong push and felt a big splash as i landed in the lake. "may!"

i wasn't the one who was laughing now.

"i dressed up for this! luke even did my hair!" i whined.

"now we're even" she sticks her tongue out at me.

"why you little" i murmured, i grabbed her leg causing her to fall in with me, "yeah, we're now even."

"what the hell, calum!" she splashes me, "that's not how it works!"

"in my world it does"

"i hate you" she pouts. i loved when she did that, her cheeks just get puffier and i just had the urge to squeeze them. now, i was just staring at her and i had no control whatsoever.

"may?" i said her name softly, "y-you make me nervous sometimes." i bit my lower lip slowly, fuck.

her cheeks started to tint and her eyes just froze, then she snapped, "i really hate you"

"then, why'd you agree to go on this date with me?" i moved closer.

"b-because, skylar wanted me to"

"you're lying" i stepped even closer, "we both know what it is, you're just not saying it."

"i just felt bad for you" she spat out.

at this point, we were face to face, "just say you like me, may" i gazed at her and leaned in.

"i fucking hate you" may grips onto my collar, she grins and that's when our lips collided.