9

may

i quickly grabbed the phone and dialed the ten numbers i needed. "hey, can you come over?"

***
i watched him from a distance with his new girl. anger started to build up inside me and my face expression read jealousy.

he started to approach me and smiled like nothing had happened. "hey may-bay, what's wrong?" calum asked.

no response from me.

"may" he nudges me, "please answer"

"like i need to answer you" giving my best friend the biggest attitude possible.

cal stares blankly at me, "did i do something wrong?" before i could reply, i hear him say, "whatever, like i need you. i got someone better in my life" who was this guy? his mood and personality just instantly changed.

i gave the nastiest smirk and looked up at him, "trust me, you need me in your life. you can't get rid of me that easily, hood." afterwards, i walked away from him and whispered to myself, "we were supposed to be together"

***
"may, what the hell?" sky screams, "how come you never told me this?"

i shrugged, "wasn't it obvious? i liked him back then."

"no!" she retorts, "i knew you knew him but i thought you officially met him in sophomore year with jason"

"i pretended like i didn't know him" i said, "i met him during the summer, we got close in eighth grade. you just never saw us, i guess"

"so that's why you hate calling you may-bay" luke jumps in conclusion, i nodded. "he's never told any of the boys this either, at least that's what i know."

i wasn't in shock when luke told me that, i did the same thing after we parted our ways. i didn't want to hear or think calum's existence existed to me back then and i know calum wanted the same.

"you guys were supposed to date, not that other chick, right?" skylar wanted to know more.

"yup" i popped the p at the end, "we liked each other, we both knew it at the time. we just never had the guts to say it to one another and everything just tumbled"

she frowns feeling sorry for me, i was used to it, it's not like it was the first time she's felt sorry for me. "what happened when jason introduced you to him? all i know is that you guys didn't get along and you guys were enemies since day one"

i bit my lower lip and stared at the ground, "we just argued and fought that whole day. jason didn't understand why but i remembered i was the first one to walk out of the room."

silence filled the empty spaces, i didn't care. i just continued to stare at the ground, skylar knew i hated making eye contact when it came to me venting or explaining stories like these- calum knows that too.

"was it hard?" luke breaks the silence with a question.

"what was hard?"

"pretending like you didn't know him" he says.

i sighed and breathed out with a yes, "also, one more thing.." they both had their attention face towards me, "he kissed me the other day at ashton's."

"what!?" they both yelled.