4

m a y

"may, please just let me explain!" skylar begs me.

"what's there to explain?" i questioned her. after seeing michael and her last night made me loose it, he was one of calum's friend and his face read bad news. the fact that she didn't tell me and cheated on jason - shit, i didn't want to hear it.

"please don't tell jason!" she plead, "please, please, don't"

"oh i won't tell him," i told her, "sooner or later, he's going to be smart enough to see that you're sneaking around with michael god-damn clifford."

"may, don't be like this"

"be like what?" jason appeared from the blue. "hey babe" he greets his girlfriend.

i give her a harsh look knowing she felt guilty. i turn my attention back towards jason, "oh, you know.. periods, i get really moody when i have periods" lying to hide skylar's secret.

"ew, you don't have to tell me that!" jason hugs skylar from behind and whispers something in her ear. i decided it was best to leave, besides, i didn't want to deal with that.

as i made my way to my next class, i felt someone grab me from the side. "may-bay" i look up to the tall blonde boy in front of me.

"luke, you fucking scared me" being startle by his presence, "and only calum calls me that annoying nickname"

luke laughs. "if only you knew why he calls you that.." he whispers, "but hey, your mate and my mate are getting along pretty well ay?"

"who? michael and sky?" luke nods. i scoffed, "forget it"

"why, what's the prob, bob?" he giggled.

"you're so lame, hemmings" i teased him, "i just don't trust him. i'm really afraid that he's gonna break her heart but knowing she's taken and she's sneaking around with him? god, who knows how jason is gonna feel when he finds out."

"it's simple. skylar's not feeling jason anymore and now she's with michael" luke tries to explain but i just give him the what the fuck face. "why do you think he's a bad guy?"

"he's calum's friend and he basically like calum, just worse."

"so since he hangs with calum, makes him a bad person?" he switches my words, "that must mean i'm a bad person too, right?"

"no, that's not what i meant"

"don't deny it sweets" luke chuckles, "tell me, what was your first impression of me?"

"honestly?" i looked at him, " i thought you were the less cocky and non dumb one out of calum and michael. you seemed like the softer one in the group yet you try to fool others with the punk rock look and i'm still right about that."

"i'm not soft!" he defends, "i go really hardcore thank you very much."

"like what? solving a really complicated math question? so hardcore!"

luke ignores me and moves on, "michael is a nice guy and he's doing nice things to skylar."

"but he should know, she has a boyfriend"

"that won't stop him" he laughs, "has skylar even told you?"

"she hasn't been telling me shit"

before he could say another word, the bell rings meaning we were now late.

"talk to you later, may-bay"

"bye hemmings," i waved, "don't forget to solve that really hard math equation!"

he looks back at me and shows a smile but behind it, i knew he was a little butt hurt.

i felt my butt vibrate receiving one new text message.

from irwin :
hey may (: lucas and me are hanging out @ the coffee shop this sat, you down? (read at 10:30am)

to irwin :
sounds good, looking forward to it (read at 10:30am)

from irwin :
goody. because we need to talk about our mates, sky and mike (-;; but do you need a ride? (read 10:31am)

to irwin :
god not you too. but yeah, that'll be nice, see you sat! (delivered)

from irwin :
see ya soon may-bay (read 10:34am)