Kandy

nmm. It was a warm day today as well. I placed my head on my arm and leaned against the side of the swimming pool. This is quite relaxing. I nudged my wolf inside of me. Usually, when i'm in a great mood, sbe tends to talk to me. But she hasn't talked to me the whole day. It was pretty obvious that she was pissed. I don't blame her but i believe i'm not at fault either. I was just acting how I felt. that wasn't wrong, right?

I smiled as i thought about Dean. His smiling face. We met at a water park and instantly became friends. he was a small boy when we met. too small for his age. many other kids picked on him so i had stuck up for him. he became my little brother and i loved him for depending on me so much. But he started to grow taller than me. Instead of me protecting him, he started protecting me. i felt what he felt at the time so long ago. The warmth someone can give. That was when I realized I was in love with him.

I resurfaced and saw Strider running towards the pool. I smiled, "Do you wanna swim too?"

Strider shook, her head. She opened her mouth to say something but before she could, her phone started to ring. She held one finger up at me and so I nodded, listening carefully. it was probably Alex. Haha. 

Suddenly, Strider dropped her phone and glanced at me. She looked like she was about to throw up. i climbed out of the pool and slowly put an arm around her and whispered softly, "Are you ok?"

Strider shrugged my arm off and hugged me instead with a sad face, "Oh, Kandy!"

I felt confused. What could have the person through the phone said to make her so sad? But instead of asking, I stayed quiet while she cried. Maybe it'll be better if she talked about it later, not now. Strider shook her head again, her face wet from her tears and the water from my hair where she was leaning on. She pulled back and faced me, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

I smiled as warmly as possible, "Strider, what's wrong? It's ok, you can tell me.."

She mumbled softly, "Kandy, D-Dean's d-dead..."

i stared at her. For a moment there, i didn't feel anything. My mind was blank. i couldn't think of a single thing. then the world disappeared around me.