Chapter 15

"B- wake up."

Something shook my body, causing my reflexes to tackle the yelling figure as my eyes unwillingly flew open, and met a particularly crossed brunette's gaze.

"Let me sleep." I mushed over, only to endure a slight pain in my neck as I cracked it, whilst folding my feet across the wooden floor. "Ouch." I muttered, with the daylight piercing onto Dylan's face, revealing his morning features to my dreary eyes.

"Good morning sleepyhead."He smiled at me, as I lifted the blanket over my face.

"It's too early Dylan." I groaned, as his fingers slipped the quilt off.

"We have an internship to get to, princess." He cushioned and brushed my tortuous hair behind my ear.

"Drop your act, it's not cute at all." I blatantly replied, as his tone dropped a notch.

"I beg to differ." His thumb caressed my forehead, making my spine shiver, as I clenched my jaw to keep a straight face.

"What's the time?" I pushed his hand away and reluctantly sat upright to face him, as I twitched the torpidness out of my eyes.

"You have 10 minutes left to change. It's already 7:20."

"Why didn't you wake me up before?"

I whined, still unable to open my eyelids completely.

"I've been trying to do just that for the past half an hour."

"That's depressing." I smirked, as I requested him to let me skip just this one day.

"Do you want to be the one answering your mom?" He pulled the only card that I couldn't argue with, as I rolled my eyes, with them still being closed.

"Fine." I allowed the sunlight to seep in, as I rummaged out of bed and tramped my weight onto Dylan's shoulder.

"Can you just make me coffee, please? I can't function without it."

"I'll be surprised if you function with it." He insulted, but instead of retorting, I miserably smiled, as he headed himself out the room.

I knew I was time-bound, so I decided to skip taking a proper shower, and instead decided to just give myself a body wash- that way there was no need to wait for my hair to dry, I just needed to brush the tangles out, and I was good to go.

After the quick water rush, I suited into one of my black full sleeve tops, and paired them with flared zebra pants underneath. I then dabbed my face with concealer, put on a light mascara, and tapped cherry gloss on my lips, before detangling my strands, and leaving my hair loose, as I grabbed my phone and walked out into the lounge.

"That was quick." Dylan noticed, offering me the coffee mug, as I smiled, sipped in the first few sips, while following him outside and into the Audi parked down the street.

Halfway into the car ride, I began to overthink this whole thing- I didn't know the first thing about this internship, and the nervousness escalated into doubt, as I began to question whether or not I'd even be good at it. What if I messed up?

"You'll be okay. Don't worry." Dylan whispered, as he rubbed his hand on my thigh.

"How do you know?" I crossed, as we drove by.

"Because I know you."

His single comment was enough to send butterflies down my stomach, as I lifted my chin up and distracted from what I was feeling by identifying the minute differences of the carbon copy buildings that flew by, as we steered past them.