twenty nine | ❝ confessions ❞

tw : lovey dovey stuff that makes your chest feel like you're on a rollercoaster. oh and swearing too.

 oh and swearing too

third person pov

Madelyn doesn't, well, normally sneak out.

But she made an exception. And that was for Draco Malfoy.

She arrived at the Astronomy Tower at around 10:55 PM. She took out her phone, opened Snapchat, and swiped to her filters section.

Her front camera opened and behind her was a bright shine of platinum blonde hair. Which was obviously, Draco Malfoy.

"Ahhh! Draco, you scared the shit out of me. My phone could've dropped!" Madelyn sighed.

"I can just buy you a new one, darling." Draco replied, with a chuckle.

"Don't be such a snobby rich boy!"

The two laughed till they just stood there in silence.

"So, you come here often?" Draco asked (sarcastically), trying to cut the awkward tension.

"Haha, very funny Draco." The brunette replied, scrolling through her filters.

"What's that one?" The blonde asked, pointing at her phone.

"It's a dog one, see?" She answered, facing her phone to the two. Dog ears appeared, and when Madelyn opened her mouth, a tongue stuck out.

"Ew what the hell." He replied, imitating the girl.

"Oh! And this one gives a summer like vibe. And would you look at that? This makes my skin look softer, and oh! My eyes look prettier."

"What? You always look pretty. Your skin is soft and your eyes are perfect. You don't need a filter just to get me to like you, you know that?"

"What are you saying?" The girl gasped, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"Madelyn, after all these years of being your friend, you would always complain to me on how you wished you had blonde hair cause you felt like the blondes got it all,"

"Well they do, look at you!"

"Not the point Dela, you would also complain on how you looked ugly without filters and when you keep saying that you would never be enough, but that's wrong. Despite what you are insecure of, it made me see that you are perfect. With or without filter." Draco practically ranted.

"And i don't care if you're a brunette. we'd still have cute kids."

The two chuckled.

There was, again, another awkward tension.

No one said anything before Draco spoke up,
"Um, I guess I'll-"

"No. Stay." Madelyn pleaded.

"Um. I always saw you as a snobby stuck-up, filthy rich, stubborn, 'I bleach my hair every few weeks cause I have no idea what purple shampoo is' type of guy."

"Ha. Ha. Not funny."

"Oh hush. I saw you and it seemed as if you didn't want to be there. You would always put up a fight, either insulting muggle-borns or half-bloods. And well I realized, you never wanted this. You were brought up like this.

Your dad, Lucius, would always say, 'Go be evil' whilst Harry always had been given sort of a 'Go be a hero and help people' saying. I understand how you feel."

"How-"

"I can see it."

"You're a Legilimens."

"I didn't go to Beauxbatons in my fifth year for nothing."

"What did you see in my head?"

"Oh nothing, just a few little things." Madelyn teased, winking.

"Well, I wish you could've stayed. Though Umbridge was a bit of a hassle."

"I heard about her! A bit of an Umbitch, don't you think?"

"Madelyn!"

There they stood. Two 18 year olds, laughing their asses off.

"So, about the, um, lyric prank thing." Draco then suggested.

"Oh um. Yeah. Well since it's out in the open, ever since fourth year, before I went to France for the Beauxbatons transfer thing, I sort of had a wee bit of a crush on you."

"Wee?"

"Fine. It wasn't that wee, but that's out of topic! When I returned for my sixth year, everyone changed. Including you. And I now understand that it was because of the task you were given, but well, you just looked,"

"Handsome? Jawdropping? Cute? Hot? Gives you the 'Rail me please daddy!' sort of feeling?"

"Draco Lucius Malfoy!" The girl scoffed, playfully punching him in the ribs.

"Sorry, continue."

"Well. I just thought that this wasn't the Draco I know. The Draco who would insult half-bloods and muggle-borns. You just changed. But not for the better. You looked horrible."

"Well thanks."

"And then after everything happened during the war, after. My parents. You did everything you could to comfort me. Even if you were ashamed that you didn't tell me about the death eater stuff. And well, that's when the feelings started again." Madelyn confessed.

"So this whole time I've been worrying for nothing?!" Draco shrieked.

"Well- not nothing... you did piss me off a couple times for me to want to wish you were dead." Madelyn fake smiled. She looked at the blonde, and gazed into his eyes, as if it was everything she ever wanted.

They were only inches apart by now. Both slowly leaning into the other.

"Madelyn."

"Draco."

And then, what they both had been longing for happened.

They kissed. It seemed very subtle at first, their soft, tender lips, finally joining, after years of jealousy and friendship, before they realized that they had been longing for this, for years.

It's a feeling you would describe as if you're falling from the tallest mountain, and landing on the most fluffiest beds.

It's a feeling of longing. The two had lost a majority of their family, and together, they brought each other back up.

"Draco." Madelyn said, pulling apart from the two.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Don't say 'too', it'll just seem like you're agreeing with me."

"Alright darling, I love you."

And there they stood. Two broken souls, pieced back together.

And Madelyn had dreamt of this day since she was only fourteen, and who knows how fourteen year old Madelyn would react.

It seemed like everything was made up, filtered to look perfect, or just the scenario almost every girl dreams of.

But it was everything she could have ever imagined.

***

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
okay! my heart is like all lovey dovey rn and this is too much affection, but hope you like this chapter! also, more backstory on Madelyn's life! it's probably really shit cause i have no idea how to write these scenes. i will probably be editing it in the future, but hope you enjoy! this is not the end, so please stay with me! thank you <3