19 - heartache

a/n - warning! mentions of blood and fighting (and poor attempts at descriptions :) )

heads up! in the demon slayer universe, i will not be going according to the storyline, sorry!

i'm skipping over content, i'm sorry but it's also very funny to me

(y/n)'s pov

the scene before the me was absolutely devastating. still in motion, the fight continued as i slowly approached, stumbling with horror upon seeing the entire fight.

scattered around, rubble was starting to create piles as the demon slayers faced the demon king, creating a small arena around its center.

blood scattered around the scene, the thick scent of iron in the air filling my senses.

scanning the area, i saw the limp bodies of the other hashiras, covered in blood and harshly thrown to the side.

it made me feel absolutely sick.

i clenched my sword handle, my knuckles turning white while my breathing started to become heavy. i can't freak out now... i need to focus.

with a deep breath, i reset my breathing to my total concentration breath, slipping into the see through world to watch the fight from the side.

muzan was moving around his hearts and brains within his body, but outwardly he was acting differently than expected. he had white hair and looked somehow older, fighting the others by extending his limbs and barely remaining human.

gyomei, iguro, and giyuu were still fighting him at the same time. tanjiro's body was too close for comfort, obviously not in good condition at the moment.

i waited for the best moment and pounced.

fourth style : stratus slice. flipping through the air, i evaded muzan's... limbs and closed in on him. with a powerful slice, i brought my blade through his neck with a horizontal attack.

...

but it wasn't enough.

still in the air, i watched with horror as he regenerated his neck as my blade went through, grinning evilly at the same time.

nonetheless, i continued through the air and sliced off his inhuman limbs at the same time, until i reached the burgundy haired boy. i quickly and carefully lifted him and jumped a bit further from the fight, placing him next to mitsuri who was being cared for by a kakushi.

sparing a glance at the love hashira and demon slayer, a frown found its way on my face before i turned back to face the fight with determination.

i watched the area for a short moment, seeing the rock hashira expertly use his chained axe and mace, swinging it and slicing off muzan's tendrils.

giyuu and iguro focused on getting closer to our opponent, landing some stronger shots toward the inside by weaving through and staying fluid in motion.

before i could jump in, the shaking kakushi beside me spoke up, "(l/n) san? c-could you apply pressure to mitsuri san's arm so i can stitch it up?"

noticing the deteriorating state of the girl, i decided to quickly lend my hands while keeping an eye on the action.

i don't know if that was the right decision.

even on the outside, i could see their physical states weakening as their moves slowly loosened. i bit my lip with worry, analyzing muzan's movements to hopefully help later on.

mitsuri's blood slowly soaked my hands, a large cut from her left shoulder to elbow. the girl was getting paler by the second, breathing shakily and beginning to sweat at the same time.