22 - run, for fun!

a/n - NEZUKO CAN SPEAK NOW i'm sorry i don't know her 'personality' or speaking habits so i'm improvising
i wanna add more images in the banner so i shall! i do not own any of them! creds to the og creators!!

(y/n)'s pov

the days continued to bleed into each other, much more peaceful and sleep filled for me. without my nightly patrols, i actually ended up sleeping at a regular time for once!

despite the lack of duties, most of the remaining demon slayers silently decided to stay near each other and continue to keep up our training.

so, that's how i ended up running with the kamaboko squad on an early saturday morning.

out of habit, we wore our usual demon slayer uniforms, nezuko getting an extra from me before we left. luckily it fit her well, but i couldn't help but gush over how cute she was. "nezuko~~~ it looks so good on you!! do you like it?"

she nodded with a warm smile, "mhm! i'm glad i can finally wear it after seeing it for so long... thank you (y/n)!!"

the girl patted my head endearingly, and i couldn't stop the wide grin from spreading on my face, "of course!" we walked out of the room and to the living room, "are you boys ready to go?"

their heads turned to see us and zenitsu almost exploded upon seeing the adorable girl, "n-n-nezuko chan?!?!? y-you're so cute!! marry me!!!"

tanjiro smacked the top of his head, "no! you don't need to worry about dying quickly anymore! demons are gone!!"

puffing his chest, inosuke pointed at the blond, "stop being such a coward! the great inosuke sama won't deal with your whining any longer!!"

he started to walk toward the front door, and i quickly snatched the boat head off of him. "ah! no mask! we went over this ino~"

seeing my bright grin, he pouted instead of fighting back, blushing ever so slightly. "fine."

i faced the four as i slipped on my running shoes, "let's get going then, before it gets too hot. hmmm how about half speed, half endurance?"

zenitsu started whining a bit as tanjiro replied for the group, "sure! lead the way (y/n)!"

stretching my legs out as we walked out of the estate, i eyed the road infront of us. "oh, nezuko? how's your training with water breathing going so far?"

the ravenette pondered for a moment, glancing at her brother, "i'm getting better! i cant do it all of the time, but i think i can keep it going for the run today."

grinning, i gave the group a side glance, "perfect. try and keep up!"

and just like that, i took off, letting my hair flow in the wind as i kept up my cloud breathing at the same time.

time skip brought to you by rolling thunder!! 💘

the streets of japan kept going, and we kept running. i ended up pulling ahead of the group slightly, more used to the relentless training and running from my hashira experience.

at one of the lights, i stopped, looking around at the streets instead while deciding to wait. i watched as a familiar looking teen stopped at the light with me, jogging place to keep his body warmed up.

a soft gasp of realization slipped past my lips, "ah, you're ushijima?"

his hazel eyes met mine, "yes." he then turned back as the walk light turned on, signaling that we could cross.

i felt a bit intrigued with the volleyball player, deciding to run alongside him, "are you running on your own?"

he glanced to the side at me, noticing i was easily keeping up with him before looking straight forward once again, "the team is too slow to keep up."