Chapter 20 - drunk again

"Brett, you okay?" Eddy peeked through the door to the room.

"Mhm." Brett didn't even move under the sheets in his bed.

Eddy left the room with a sigh. Brett was acting weird for the last three days. He was barely leaving his room, only to use the bathroom and to get some food. Very little food. He wasn't sleeping much too. Their interaction was dead too. Brett was only allowing Eddy to check if he was taking his medicine. He didn't want to talk at all. Eddy once again recalled the last week trying to find something he possibly did wrong or hurt Brett in any way. But really, he couldn't think of anything. He was treating him as gentle and nice as possible. Why this man was so hard? And so problematic. Wasn't Brett supposed to take care of Eddy as he was the older one? Ah, whatever. 

"I'm going to the store!" he shouted into the apartment.

As expected no respond came. He shrugged it off and left. How Brett could not leave house for four days? Eddy would freaked out if he had to stay inside for so long. Good that this pandemic thing was going to end soon. At least here, in Australia. Brett was so happy to be together after the quarantine(spelling?) and now what happened? Hmm maybe... It sounded stupid and not really fair but how about use some alcohol to make Brett talk? That wasn't that bad plan, at last. Knowing Brett it will work.

"Yo, Brett!"

"What do you want? I said leave me alone."

"Yea, yea, I know, but you wanna drink something together?" Eddy shooked the bottle in his hand.

"Dude, are you trying to lure me with beer? Seriously?..."

"Umm.. actually, yes. Is it working?"

"Ah, whatever..." Brett got up from his bed.

"Haha, I knew it."

"But you are responsible for anything I'll do while being drunk." Brett pointed Eddy's chest.

"Nah, nah, nah, you are a grown up man, take care of yourself. Besides, what are you planning to do, so you have to found someone to take responsibility for it, hm?"

"Nothing, I'm just saying." Brett shrugged.

"Okay, I'll take care of this little boy, who is completely out of this world after two shots."

"Shut up."

"It's pure truth."

"No it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"I'm not a little boy, you are the only little boy here." Brett squeezes Eddy's cheek. "And you should have bought wine or something."

"Woah, how huge requirements."

"We can't drink just cheap beer always." Brett opened the can.

"Why not?"

"Because it's not very healthy? I thought you were the health geek here?"

Eddy rolled his eyes. 

"What? It's PURE TRUTH."

"Okay, okay. MAYBE I exagerrated a little."

"Maybe a little? Bro, there isn't a single thing in the fridge without "BIO" or "ECO" sticker on it. I wanna eat some good fastfood from MacDonald."

"Actually we can order something. If you want. I bet, you haven't eaten much since morning."

"I wasn't hungry." Brett shrugged.