Chapter 3 - fear

[text below contains suicide mention, if you do not feel comfortable with it, do not read]

(e.c.)

Thedays have been passing, the spring outside was growing day by day.Eddy was observing Brett since that day. There were better and worse days and Brett's mood was very unstable. He could wake up jauntily and after an hour he would act anxious. He seemed bored with life andeven with Eddy, causing pain in his heart. Eddy quickly learned notto ask hid friend about anything associated with his feelings. And Brett was glad about that. He didn't talk to Eddy nor going out with him, so he were practising a lot until his wrists and neck were sore and his arms and shoulders went numb. Then he fell on his bedand slept for couple hours and then practising, basically like on his shirt, except of that he was barely eating anything. Eddy tried to comfort him as much as he could, but he couldn't much. He missed former Brett. Normal Brett. But he came to conclusion, that he just has to wait this difficult time out.

This evening was quite good. Brett was lying on the couch with eyes on his phone. He's eatten some sandwiches before so Eddy could not worry about him. He looked quite sad and had dark bags under his eyes. That was worrying. Brett didn't want to sleep with him anymore, so Eddy didn't have a chance to know whether he was asleep or not.

"I'm gonna make some pudding, you want some? " he breaked the silence.

"Nope."

"You sure? Ok. " he opened the fridge. "Oh my, why there is always no milk in this house? I'm going to the store."

When he came back, there was no sign of Brett. He felt a cool breath from the window and shivered. He walked on the balcony and leaned against the door frame. Brett was holding the railing with both hands and looking on the street below.

"We have a nice view from here, don't we?"Eddy asked.

No answer.   Air went thicker.   Eddy stared at the sky.

"What if I just jump off this balcony? There is no chance that I will survive, huh?"

Eddy flinched.

"What did you just say? Brett?"

Again no answer.

"Hey, Brett look at me."

Brett turned to him, eyes glassy. Eddy was shocked. They were looking into each other eyes for a while. Then Eddy hugged Brett wery tight. He was so cold and started trembling.

''Why would you do that? You scared me as fuck, dude. Don't do that again."

He heard quiet sobbing.

"Bretty..." he stroked Brett's hair. " I'm here. You hear me? Iam here for you. Just tell me."

Brett shivered.

"Come in, you're gonna catch a cold " Eddy took a careful step back into the dark room. He took a look into his eyes. Brett looked away.

"Brett,why? Just tell me, please."

"Because..." Brett said through the tears. "Because I don't feel like living anymore. I... I...anything doesn't make sense anymore. And... and... this is so depressing and... I feel... I think... no, I don't know... I'm sorry, I'm sorry " he started to cry more.

"Hey,there is no need to be sorry. It's not your fault, Bretty. Listen, I am here for you and I will always be by your side, you understand?"

Brett nodded.

"And I'm gonna take care of you, ok? "

He sat on the couch and put Brett's legs on his tighs. He whipped tears from his cheeks but they were still running down Brett'sface.

"Don't cry. Everything is, ok now. Or maybe... ok cry as much as you want if it makes you feel better. And promise me, that you will never thinkof that again."

"I'm sorry... "- Brett burst into tears and pressed his head against Eddy's chest.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay."

He would sway back and forth, stroke Brett's hair and draw circles on his back to calm him down until he fall asleep. Eddy took glasses of Brett's bleary eyes. Beware of not waking his friend up he stood up and took Brett to the bed and took off his pants, he wouldn't be comfortable in jeans. He changed his clothes and lay down beside. Brett unconsciously embraced Eddy and smiled to his dreams. Eddy stroked his nose and grinned. 

***************************************

Short, but intense chapter. I really enjoyed writing it :).

~Nanamisia