Chapter 16

"I was born in Italy." Suzuki Risa started after the Ninth told her to sit down. Timoteo was just standing as he was watching the garden, waiting for her to continue.

"My parents were killed right before my eyes. I was about to get killed too but someone saved me. There was a man and a group of people I don't remember their faces, probably of exhaustion and emotional trauma, I collapsed, unaware of my surroundings." She was just looking down at her hands as she start.

"All I remember is, I woke up in the infirmary of Antico Orfanotrofio the next day. The head Mama told me that I was brought by a group of guys. She didn't know where they came from but they told her that I was a victim of Homicide. I lived there almost forever, I was thought of everything including academics and house chores, agricultural and etc. but on the next year of me living there, I saw the face of the man who saved me and begged him to teach me how to fight, to defend, and survive. That man thought me everything I know now. He thought me also about flames and how to use mine."

"What was his name?" Timoteo asked as he sat down in front of her.

"He never told me his real name but he only told me to call him Eight. I asked him why Eight, he told me that he will live forever as he continue to change something he would like to change. He never told me about himself. And then just one day, he disappeared and never came back."

"After that, someone came to me and told me that he knows Eight and I have a mission to do. That guy who came to me gave me equipment that I can use in this mission. It was my very first time to kill someone. I just did what I have to do and I didn't even feel anything at all. After my very first mission, that guy paid me money enough for a year and told me that he will contact me whenever he needs someone for the hunt. And that was made me right here." Suzuki Risa concluded still looking at her shivering hands. She didn't even dared to look up to see the Ninth's face. She was just waiting for him to speak and kill her immediately.

"I see." Suzuki flinched at the sudden talk after minutes of silence. She slowly looked up to see Timoteo smiling at her sadly. She turned her head almost everywhere not wanting to face him properly.

"Well, I think that would be all. You can leave now and have a rest before dinner." Timoteo only said as he was watching her get uncomfortable to tell where she came from. He can tell that she have experienced much hell than he could ever think of even if she didn't mention anything like that he knew, she had suffered. At her young age, seeing something traumatic just made her this strong but totally can see that she was just fighting to survive. And that him proud off her.

Suzuki just bowed at the Ninth and walked out of his office. No one was present outside the door and made Suzuki calm just a little bit.

"I wonder what he was thinking?" She asked herself as she looked down on her palms.

"Probably to kill you off." Suzuki looked up and saw Coyote Nougat towering above her. This old man really has menopausal problems, Suzuki thought.

"Probably, good evening." She only said and turned to left him standing at the hallway.

Coyote Nougat only watched her as she turned at the corner. Sighing at himself, he walked towards the Ninth's office hoping that he was alright in which he is. Timoteo was sitting on his chair at his desk in the middle of his thoughts.

"Ninth, what do you think of that girl? Shall we dispose her?" He proposed but Timoteo only looked at him and shook his head.

"No. She had suffered a lot. And I think we can have her as an ally of our family." That picked Coyote's interest.