Chapter 31

"You have a basement?" Suzuki only nodded at him.

"I have. I wanted to keep it a secret and wait for you to discover it but whatever this is more important." She said while she gave him some chuckles.

"Okay then, we will be there and surprise Squ-chan on his birthday."

After they washed the dishes, Lussuria talked to everyone while Squalo was in the shower. As always, they agreed to the plan regarding how to surprise yours truly second in command.

"Shishishi here he comes."

"Ready?"

"Voi.. What was it all abou---!"

Squalo was surprised by a readied whole cake that was thrown on his fresh face from the shower. Some seconds have passed and he was still processing what just happened.

"VOIIIIIII!!!" He shouted as he get the cake out of his face and thrown it to someone. Silence filled the room as the ruined cake landed on Xanxus face. Squalo smirked at his doing.

"Hah! Strike!" He proclaimed.

"Batter out!" Suzuki concluded while she gave a laugh at her boss. She's too brave.

"Oi trash." Xanxus started and a food fight commence. The room in her basement was now filled with laughs and cakes flying around.

"Happy birthday Second in command!!" Suzuki greeted Squalo who was eating a frosting from his face.

"Ah. You always do this every year!" He just nodded at her in appreciation and then turned to the others.

"Mou, that is the very Varia style of celebration." Lussuria suggested as he danced his glass of wine on his hand while taking his pinky finger out.

"Shishishi that's very amusing." Bel smirked widely.

"Throwing cake at his face is the best." Levi A Than just emphasized

"Shut up old man." Fran muttered monotonously.

"Old--?!"

"Yare, yare. It is pricy but amusing enough." Mammon commented while she held her camera.

"That's what you got." Xanxus pointed out. Squalo just glared at him.

"Make sure you clean this up." Suzuki ordered the birthday celebrant making him turned to her.

"Why me?!"

"Of course, you're the birthday celebrant!" Suzuki sang along. Everyone stared at her thinking the same thing.

"Alice." Alice just nodded at them.

"Yes it's me."

Every time as in every time, ever since they met Suzuki Risa and knew her other persona, they always went high alert and they don't know why. It's just they felt that Alice is someone you cannot be trusted. It is the same feeling when they meet new people and they were not trusting them because they only just met. That is what they feel whenever Alice ascends from Suzuki's body. 

"I'm back." She muttered. Suzuki ascend back making them felt somewhat relieved.

"We definitely need to be accustomed to your shifting as soon as possible." Squalo commented. Suzuki stared at them.

"Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Nothing. Come on let's celebrate your birthday!" Suzuki just went with the flow of events in Lussuria's plan on celebrating their second in command's birthday.