CHAPTER 03

FAINA WAS WEAKENING BY THE MINUTE

Geralt had wrapped his cloak around her, trying to keep her warm. He had no clue what kind of poison freezes the victim instead of burning them up. Her breaths began to slow and her eyes fluttered close, only to open moments later, before retuning to the cycle.

"I'm going to die... because a little girl... stabbed me...." The woman leaned back against him, a small smile gracing her lips,

"You're not going to die." Geralt growled,

"Don't speak too soon, Witcher."

It was the middle of the night when they reached Ghelibol. He left her one the horse while he went into a filled bar to get directions. Once he came back, he helped her down from the saddle, carrying her small body towards a hut. They needed to hurry, her skin felt like ice.

The medic guided them into the room and towards an empty bed, "We don't usually see poison like this." She stated, "Usually the poison burns the victim to the point where they die of heat exhaustion rather than hypothermia."

"Can you heal her?" Geralt growled,

The medic checked the wound, "Of course. But first I need the venom gland of a wyvern for the cure."

The Witcher narrowed his amber eyes at the medic, "You don't have one laying around?"

"Wyverns are rare, mutant." The medic responded, "Even if there was one in the market here, it would cost a pretty penny. If you're lucky, perhaps Tretogor will have some."

"Tretogor? It'll take days to get there." Geralt frowled,

"Then you better hurry, Witcher."

Geralt picked up his sword and walked towards the door, "She better be alive when I return."

The Witcher mounted his horse Roach and took off towards the capital of Redania. Along the way, he met many tradesmen on the main roads and he asked about wyvern parts. They all kept telling him the same thing, got to Tretogor.

Why was he going to so much trouble for this girl? He could have been very much on his way to Sodden by now.

He's never had someone stand up for him like she did. Not that he wouldn't have taken care of the situation himself.

She could've stayed out of it, continuing on her way. And now she's dying for her decision to helping him.

So he'll help her. He'll pay his debt to her.

He arrived at the gates a day and a half later, leaving Roach outside the city to get some rest. He gathered his coin before slipping his hood over his head, hiding his identity.

The Witcher walked through the city, looking for the venom glands that would save the white haired woman back in Ghelibol.

He came across an alleyway that held one single cart. An old woman sat there, looking over at him, "Come, Witcher, don't be shy."

Geralt paused, wondering how she knew what he was, "Uh, I'm in a rush-"

"You're looking for the venom glands of a wvyern, yes? Come, I have some." The old woman urged,

He walked closer to the cart and she held out a small burlap bag. He opened it to confirm what was inside. The venom glands.

"How much for them?" He asked the old woman,

"Fifty crown."

He handed her his sack of coins and she gripped his wrists, "You cannot escape the fire, Witcher. She will burn us all."

She let go and Geralt stepped back, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You will soon find out, Geralt of Rivia. Go before the girl perishes."

Geralt began walking towards the exit of the alley. He paused and turned to ask her one last thing before he noticed she was gone. With a shake of his head, The Witcher left the city Tretogor and went back to his horse.

"C'mon, Roach, as fast as you can."