CHAPTER 09

FAINA OPENED HER EYES WITH A SMALL GASP

She tried to stand, but realised her hands were bound behind her back. Her fingers brushed anothers' and she looked to her left and noticed the Witcher bound, just like her. And unfortunately, the bard was with them also.

She was starting to regret her decision to go with him on this hunt.

The white haired woman looked around the room they were in. It was made of stone, most likely they were in a cave. They were alone. Maybe if they could break their restraints, they could leave without encountering anyone.

"Geralt." She hissed quietly, her shoulder nudging his arm, "Wake up, you useless oaf."

When he didn't stir, she sighed. She began to produce heat in her hands, trying to burn the restraints off. The smell of burning filled her nostrils and she smirked.

To her right, the bard began to wake. He let out some shouts of surprise, not recognising where they were,

"Shhh." Faina stopped burning the restraints when he shifted, not wanting to burn him, "We don't want to bring them in here."

Geralt sat up with a start. He began to struggle in his binds and Faina rolled her eyes, "Don't you think we've already tried that?"

"This is the part where we escape." The bard stated,

"This is the part where they kill us." Geralt growled,

"That attitude is not helping, Witcher." Faina hissed at him,

"Who's they?" The bard asked.

Faina gasped as a woman entered and went straight for the bard. She kicked him in the jaw and Faina pressed herself back towards Geralt, avoiding her attack.

The woman growled in Elder and Faina's eyes widened upon seeing her ears. They were in the elven territory.

The elven woman moved on to kick Geralt in the jaw before turning towards her. She gripped her white hair between her fingers before landing a punch to her stomach. Faina grunted in pain before watching her move back to Geralt,

An elven man held the bard's instrument, playing with the strings, "Oi, that's my lute. Give that back, Geralt, do your witchering."

"Shut up!" Geralt growled at him,

"Thaesse aep!" The elf woman yelled at the Witcher,

"My Elder speech is rough. I only got a part of that." The bard stated,

"She's telling you to shut up." Faina groaned, before the woman landed another kick to her chest,

"Do you want to die right now?" She growled in common tongue,