CHAPTER 37

THEY SET OFF AT DAWN WITH THE TWO VILLAGERS.

Jaskier walked between the two horses, strumming his instrument while the villagers walked ahead towards the mountains.

At nearly mid-day they arrived at the base of the mountain, "Up there." One of the men stated, pointing at a ridge above them, "That cave is where the beast lies."

Geralt and Faina nodded at each other before dismounting their horses. They tied them to a tree before turning to their clients, "It'll only be an hour." Geralt informed them,

"We'll be waiting." They stated,

"Stay out of trouble." Faina smirked at Jaskier before following Geralt towards the cave,

It didn't take them long before reaching the mouth of the cave.

Geralt grabbed a potion from his pouch and drank it before he drew his sword, "Stay here. I'll call out if I need backup."

Faina crossed her arms and popped out a hip, "Really? Haven't you learned by now?"

"Just stay here." He growled before walking into the cave.

"Men." She scoffed, grabbing a thick, dried stick and breathing fire onto the end. Once the torch was lit, Faina drew her sword and followed behind. 

It wasn't long before she heard the screech of a basilisk. She gripped her sword tighter and began to run through the deep cave.

She found Geralt at the end of the cave, dodging the venomous hissing of the basilisk. While the monster was focused on Geralt, she sprinted forward and stabbed the end of her torch into the basilisk's side.

It screeched in pain and jumped to the side, now focused on her. While it was distracted, Geralt raised his sword and sliced its' head off.

Faina stared in disgust as black blood leaked from the basilisk's neck. Her eyes moved up Geralt, "What would you do without me?" She smirked.

He put his sword back into its' sheath before he stalked towards her. Faina gasped as he grabbed her thighs and lifted her up, pressing her back into the rocky wall of the cave.

He quickly pushed his tongue into her mouth and she tugged on his hair. Geralt pulled back and untied her trousers before pushing his hand inside, cupping her sex.

Faina let out a whimper and leaned her head back against the wall. Geralt took this opportunity to bite and suck at her neck, leaving marks in his wake.