Guns and Cars (8)

I sat on the couch as I watched Austin pace the sound proofed room and pulls at his hair. I put my hands together on my knees and think. I look over at the other body guards that stand near the door with guns at the ready in case someone were to try to get into the room. I can't hear what is happening outside the room but sometimes the others would press the little clear things in their ears and look at one another in concern. I look over at Austin who has stopped pacing and is not sitting on the table across from me as he is doing the same thing as the others. Austin pulls out his gun and stands up suddenly as the others raise theirs. 

   "What is going on?" I whisper to Austin. He sets his jaw and look at me out of the corner of his eye. 

   "This was an assassination that was supposed to end with your death. The hired gun man shot himself after realizing his mistake and whoever wanted you dead has more showing up and looking for you. They talk to the right people and scare them then anyone who saw us go into this room could tell them where you are." Austin says in a hushed tone. I look at the other bodyguards as they hide around the corner from the door. 

   "Should I try to hide?" I ask as I watch them. Austin set his jaw and shakes his head. I sigh and take the gun out from the top of my tights under my dress and load it before standing next to Austin with my loaded gun next to my side. Austin nods and we wait for someone, anyone to come through the door. I take the safety off of my gun and grip in anticipation to shoot it. I guess that camp was good for something after all. The door starts to shake from impact on the other side and I raise my gun. 

   "We need to get you out of here. If these people are who I think they are they've been trained to kill from childhood and nothing will stop them from getting to you. They can take a bullet pretty much everywhere that won't automatically kill them and act like it never happened." I look at Austin in worry and nod. Austin motions to the men before grabbing my hand and leading out a false wall and onto a long staircase. I raise my eyebrow and get ready to yell at Austin as he raises a finger to his lips. 

   I listen as I hear screams and shooting from everywhere and nowhere all at once. I look back at Austin with huge eyes. He grabs my hand again and leads me down the stairs. I sigh and take off my heels so we move faster. 

After going down what felt like one million steps, we step out into a space i can only describe as and underground car garage. It is filled with the bullet proofed SUV's. I look all over and see more sports cars then I knew the names of, many in any color I could think of. I look at Austin and he pulls me down as a group of people in all black run past us with machine guns. I look at Austin in worry and he pulls me along to one of the SUV's in a crouch. He quietly opens the drivers door and pushes me in and I slide over to the passenger seat. Austin quickly gets in and starts the car before quickly shutting his door and locking the car. He peels out of the parking space before we shoot forward and up a long ramp. I hear bullets hitting the back of the SUV and grip my door. 

   "Hang on." Austin grinds out before taking a sharp left turn and we are suddenly on the back roads to Ade- my house and speed up. I look back to see a car pull out of the same parking place a few seconds later. 

   "Austin we have a tail. Speed up," I tell him and crawl into the back.  

   "What are you doing?" Austin asks in panic before speeding up. 

   "They can't see me and I have a clear shot. They went for speed and not safety. I had the best shot in my class at camp. Just drive," I tell him and load up one of the machine guns in the back seat. Then it hits me. "Austin?" I call to him as I click everything in place. 

   "Yeah?" He calls back in confusion. 

   "How did they get the keys to Adelynn's car?" I ask him in worry. He takes a sharp turn and I swear I feel the back tires take off the ground. 

   "Are you sure it's Adelynn's car?" he calls back in confusion. 

   "It's the only car I have ever seen her in besides the SUV," I call back and get next to a window that opens up just enough to stick a gun out of in the back. 

   "That's not possible. Adelynn's second- The second is the only one she lets carry them around since he goes everywhere with her," Austin voice fades out and I groan before sticking my gun out of the window and shooting the front tire on the passenger side. 

   "I guess not all seconds are loyal to their leaders after all," I grind out as I aim at the other tires. The car is almost to a stop as I shoot the other front tire and see the car start to flip at full speed. 

   "Austin you need to get off of this rode now!" I call to him as time seems to slow down and Adelynn's car seems to start to fly as the back tires come off the ground and towards us. Austin takes a sharp right turn just as the car is mid-way in the air.

   I feel the air in my lungs stop.