Identical (12)

"You would think people would get tired of trying to kill me!" I scream in yet another sound proof room behind a false wall. I'm starting to think all mafia houses have them. Annabeth shoots me a glare and Austin pushes his hands through his hair again with his gun latched to his right hand. He looks tired. I look over at Danielle and Elyzabeth who are not-so-quietly whispering with one another in the corner. I look over at the younger boy that looks like Danielle in a younger form with more definition and raise an eyebrow as he looks me over in curiosity. 

   "You're Madelynn Sharpe?" he asks as he looks over me critically. 

   "Yeah, and who are you?" I ask him with the same tone. He gives me a cheeky smile. 

   "Name is Jonathan Giles the third. I am fourteen years old and next in line for my fathers mafia once I reach the proper age and training." he gives me a smirk and I roll my eyes. 

   "Are you Danielle's brother?" I ask him as he smiles again. 

   "You're intelligent. Yes, I am one of her younger brothers. I have a twin named Mathew that is currently hidden in the cabinet behind you because he hates conflict," I raise my eyebrow in surprise before opening the tall cabinet behind me. There I find an almost identical copy of Jonathan hidden against the wall with a look of pure terror on his face. 

   "Hello Mathew, my name is Maddie. Would you like to come out? I promise it's safe, if it wasn't I wouldn't be here." Mathew looks me over before nodding and slowly coming out of the cabinet. 

   "My name is Mathew Giles the first. I am to be the second of my brothers mafia once we are both of proper age and training," he says in a robot tone, like he has said it hundreds of time. I nod in understanding before looking him over before looking back at Jonathan. 

   "Jonathan has brown eyes and you have green eyes," I observe. Mathew nods and sits down on the couch next to my spot and across from his brother. I look them over in amazement. How would someone have more than two children in a mafia? I mean I heard of families up to the size of thirteen in my training but I never thought they actually existed. Then it hits me. 

   "If Danielle is older, why isn't she taking over your families mafia?" I ask the twins. They looks at me like I'm stupid before Jonathan speaks up. 

   "Mafia's like to kill women and children. Seeing as how our sister was both from the second she was born, her existence has been kept secret for her safety. The mafia world only knows of me and my brother being next in line, and Danielle willingly signed off her rights to be in or run our mafia under an circumstances. It's the only way our family could think of keeping her alive, especially after our mother was killed." 

    "Our mother was killed when Jonathan and I were only four years old. Our father tried his best, but kids need their mom, or at least someone to be around. Running a mafia and having three kids is a difficult balance. Our father died when we were twelve and now his second is keeping our mafia together while we learn from the best our family line has to offer until we sign our rights to our mafia and take over," Mathew tells me. I look at them confused. I never thought that the mafia was like this. I mean, yes Adelynn was dead because of her seconds jealousy, but I never thought other mafias targeted women and children. 

We were in the room for about four hours as things happened outside and Annabeth took phone call after phone call. I played cards and board games with the boys and Elyzabeth and Danielle kept talking in the corner in their loud whispers. Austin was in anger the whole time as he basically circled me to ensure that no one could get to me and jumped at the littlest of noises. I was ready to get out of the room by the time that Annabeth said it was safe. 

   The boys and I bonded over the games and I got to know them a bit more. We walked out with them behind me and all of us carrying guns at the ready- just in case. Austin was ahead of all of us until we got inside.  Bodyguards were all over the place and checking everything. These men in black suits came in with equipment and started searching the whole place too. I  looked at everyone and noticed the subtle tattoos on their hands of a huge 'S' in the figure of a scorpion wrapped around a gun. I looked over and say that Annabeth had it on both of her hands. It wasn't until now that I finally realized that Austin wears a piece of skin toned tape on his hands. 

   "Austin is taking over the my families mafia," Annabeth says as she comes into my room without knocking and sits next to me on my window couch. I nodded, expecting as much. 

   "I knew as much when I realized that he has been wearing skin toned tape on his hands to cover his tattoos that your mafia has," I tell her honestly. She looks at me with soft eyes as she moves the hair off of my neck to expose the tattoo I had for my mafia. 

   "It's strange how so many people find the tattoos of their mafia to be something of pride and they never think it of being branded like cattle. I mean think about it, no matter how beautifully crafted, we're all marked with our destinies of the mafia we are born into or brought into at the end of the day," I nod and lean on her. 

   "I think it's about time that we announce our engagement and go take back my mafia. It's the only way we can ensure that our mafias are safe. I want to include the twins' mafia in our business too. They're good kids and I understand that they're excited to be apart of the family legacy but-" 

   "They're too innocent and deserve to be kids as long as possible. Even if they went through what they have with their parents," she says. I nod and she sighs in understanding. 

   "Once we handle our mafia then we'll be fine," I tell her quietly. She hums and nods. "Thank you for everything you've done, for me." 

   "You're going to be my wife, Madelynn. Might as well get used to having to take care of one another for the rest of our lives as soon as possible," I nod and she plays with my hair as I lay my head in her lap. This could be okay.