CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

The first girl walked out and I recognized her as Nicole Summers from my English class. I felt a little nervous.

This girl could sing. I'm serious. She was in the chorus and she was really good. "Hi what is your name?" Harry asked as she walked on stage.

I felt like I was sitting as one of the judges on X Factor. And Harry was the 'Simon' of it all. 

"Nicole Summers," she said. I liked Nicole, she was nice, but I knew she wasn't going to get to Harry.

She sat down and started playing a nice piano piece. She was a singer, not a piano player, you could tell by the way she stumbled on some keys.

Her voice was amazing though so it overpowered her playing, but I knew Harry didn't like it.

"You think she's good?" I whispered to him. "She's really good," he whispered, "but it's not my girl." I sighed.

I should just tell him, but I couldn't. I somehow got it through my brain to just not tell him at all. I couldn't allow myself. 

When Nicole stopped Harry smiled at her. Everyone clapped for her.

"That was very nice Nicole, but I'm sorry, you're not the girl I'm looking for," he said as kindly as possible.

Nicole sighed and walked off of the stage. The next girl came on and did the same thing. None of them sang Breathe Me. 

Harry seemed to be getting impatient. After every girl came up on stage and auditioned, but wasn't the girl Harry was looking for, he let out a frustrated sigh. "Next," he called out emotionlessly.

I looked over at him. His green eyes twinkled as each new girl came on the stage.

He was probably thinking "Is she the one?" but the second they sat down and started playing the piano and it wasn't Breathe Me, that twinkle in his eyes disappeared.

It was like a shade of darkness washed over his eyes.

Some of these girls were horrible at playing the piano and I bet none of them have ever played the thing before.

Some of them didn't even play the piano they just sat down and sang, but Harry would say next before they continued.

Some of them were horrible singers too. I didn't know what went through their head when they thought they would actually fool Harry into thinking they were the mystery girl. 

Then Hailey walked on stage. Carry and Chelsea looked over at me and I narrowed my eyes at Hailey on the stage. Harry frowned.

I knew he didn't like Hailey just like the rest of us.

He sighed and looked down. "Next," he called out. Hailey frowned. "I haven't even started singing yet!" she whined.

Her voice was squeaky and high pitched and she was wearing the skankiest clothes a person could wear. 

"You don't need to," Harry said, "you have to be able to sing and play the piano." I literally felt like beaming. "This isn't fair!" Hailey said.

"I'm the mystery girl Harry, you love me!" she said. I rolled my eyes. She really was pathetic. 

"Next!" Harry called out again. "I demand justice! This is stupid!" Hailey said not moving from the stage. Harry looked at Niall and Liam.

They just nodded and walked up on stage. "What are you doing?" Hailey demanded. Liam and Niall lifted her arms and dragged her off the stage.

"No!" Hailey said while kicking and screaming. "Ok now that that's over and done with..who's next?" Harry said.

I was grinning from ear to ear. I love my friends. They're just so awesome. 

The auditions continued for another hour, but no girl got the song right.

I knew they wouldn't because well...I was the mystery girl. 

When all of the girls auditioned and Harry never found his girl, he sighed in frustration. "Thank you to everyone who auditioned," he said emotionlessly.

He quickly walked out the back door and ran out of sight. I looked over at Zayn. "What's wrong with him?" I asked softly. "He's upset," Zayn whispered, "he really hoped he'd find his girl." I sighed.

"Tell him," Carry whispered to me. I looked at her. Should I? 

I got up and quickly ran after him. I really hope this is a good idea. 

I ran out backstage. "Harry?" I called out. There was no response. "Harry!" I called again. There was still no response. "Harry?!" I said.

I walked father backstage and then I found him. He was facing the wall with his arms on the wall above his head. His head was dropped down.

"Harry," I whispered. He lifted his head and just stared at the wall. 

"What?" he muttered. "Come here," I whispered. He turned around and stared at me before walking over and hugging me. 

"Why are you so upset over this?" I whispered in his ear.

"I love her, Rosie, I need to find her," he said. I felt the words about to come out of my mouth. I'm the mystery girl. But they stopped. 

"You'll find her," I whispered. He leaned back and looked at me. "Thanks Rosie," he whispered. I smiled at him and we both left the school.