10 | L-Cove

I tried calling her a million times but she won't answer. She didn't even come home, she stayed at Carrie's house for fucking two days already and is missing classes.

I bothered Mia repeatedly for the address but she won't give it to me either. I messed up real bad. I should have told her that she got everything wrong, I shouldn't have stood there with my tongue tied as she broke down like that.

I'm such an idiot.

A girl squealed when she opened her locker, spilling out silver confettis, rose petals and wrapped candies on the hallway. Suddenly, the glee club started singing where I moved out to the side to let them pass through.

I heard her say yes repeatedly as I made my way to the field where one of the football players was dressed in a tux while his teammates wear red t-shirts, each with a different character that spelled 'PROM?'.

I rolled my eyes, wearing the hood of my grey jacket over my head as I walked inside the canteen.

"What even is cyan blue? It's like turquoise and sky blue had a baby, where would I get a tie like that?" Malachi complained, scrolling over his phone with one hand and a color swatch on the other.

Shean thought for a second, "Turquoises are green..."

"Not on my swatch."

I nodded at Jay who's sitting quietly at the end of the table while the other guys argue over the difference of turtles and turquoises.

"What happened to your shirt?" I asked Jay as I watch him rub a huge stain off his top.

He parted his mouth to speak until Greyson cut him off with a stifled laugh, "It's melon."

I turned to the red-head and raised my pierced brow, "What do you mean?"

"Oh you know," he snickered. "Josie's favorite drink."

"You've been seeing her? I thought she was with Rick." I turned to Jay in surprise.

"She is, so Jay gave the drink a hug instead." Greyson bursted in laughter.

He sneered at this, "Very funny, it was more awkward than what you could've imagined."

"What about you Grey? Who you taking?" Shean chimed in, asking the red-head.

Greyson shrugged, "I'm thinking of going spontaneous on this one. You know, catch someone else's date if necessary, you know what I mean?"

Jay intervened, "I don't think that's a good idea. Everyone's probably going with the person they like."

"Not after they meet the Greyster they won't."

"How 'bout you Jace? Have you asked Whitney yet?" Shean asked.

I tensed up when I heard her name, it seems like yesterday I had a thousand insults prepared to tease her but now, the past days have been boring.

She's too far away, and it scares me cause I know she's slipping away...

The worst part is, I don't think I want my old life back if it means I'll have to give up Whitney Fallon.

Malachi nudged Shean with his elbow, giving him a scolding look and immediately, the boys got the message.

"I'm not going." I answered plainly.

"Bro I didn't kn--"

Jay shrugged, "For what it's worth, I ain't going either."

"Who cares about prom anyway? It's just some stupid end of the year party. Big deal! It's not that important!" I spat.

Shean sighed, "Dude, if you like Whitney you could've just told her."