11

Troian clearly wasn't expecting me to know her name since she looked caught off guard. I knew these people would protect me, so I relaxed a little and plopped on the couch with my friends. Unlike me, their fear radiated off them.

"You know who I am? How?" She demanded.

I wasn't going to tell her it's because I overheard Yuna and the twins talking. Speaking of them, I hope they're okay. My demeanor must've obviously changed since the brunette guy stepped forwards.

"No, I'm speaking to her now." She shoved him back.

The guy glared at her, but conceded nevertheless. Even though he immediately backed down, I got the impression he wasn't a push over. It's like he didn't want to make a bad first impression with me. He wanted me to trust him.

"Lucky guess." I sarcastically stated. "Where's the twins and Yuna?" My heart rate picked up.

"Out." She curtly answered.

"We should all take a breather. I think it'll do all of us some good." The nice blond spoke up.

I thought the bitchy blond would've retorted something, but she just nodded and rushed out the room. The black haired guy who grunted left immediately as well. The other three stated they'd do a perimeter check before leaving. Now, it was just my friends, nice blondy, and the other guy. The other "manager" as Yuna had said. Troian's rival. For some reason, maybe it's because he's Yuna's boss, but I trust him with my life. He gave blondy a once over before retreating out the room.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Hailey." She kindly told me. "You must have a ton of questions." She took a seat in the chair opposite the couch.

" She took a seat in the chair opposite the couch

"Yes, we do." Logan answered for me.

I thought Hailey would've been annoyed, but she just giggled instead. She offered to pour some tea for us, but we refused. She didn't seem slightly bothered since she drank her cup.

"Ahh." She breathed out.

"Well." Sam pressed.

"Oh, I thought you wanted more of a q and a style format. I realize it's more of an information dumping you want. Alright, then." She placed her cup down and observed us.

I was trying to figure out why she was simply staring at us. I then realized she's probably sensing our emotions. That way she can formulate what questions we have and provide answers.

"I'll try to answer every question. Please, speak up if you have anymore. Your magical seal was broken earlier today. I'm not sure how, but it disintegrated which allowed for your aura to be located. Since you are a princess, your aura is extremely strong, especially since you don't know how to control and mask it yet. We immediately dispatched to your home to prepare the refuge with protection spells. We were distracted since demons were here earlier and we had to fight them off. Because we were distracted, we weren't originally aware that you were attacked at the school. Those two demons work with Nyx. The three of them are called the Angels of Death. They always go on assassin missions together. Anyways, I'm assuming they were kicking your guardians's asses." We nodded at her. "That's because it's currently nighttime and demons are stronger at night while we are stronger in the day. We gather our strength from the sun while they rely on the moon's energy. I just want you to know that they're prepared, all of us, are prepared to give our lives for you." She paused and wiped the tears brimming in my eyes. "We need to get you to the light realm, but we have to think of a plan because it's currently being blocked by demons. They know we wish to bring you home, so they are flanking our path."