Chapter 5- The Brute

"Hey Zayn.... No, mmm... Good morning Zayn Malik... no, too formal."

Diana was whispering to herself in the hallways, "How are you? I thought a cupcake would be perfect to start up your day... it's actually a "Sorry I screamed at you like a hysteric the first time I met you" cupcake."

Diana huffed; she can't approach him like that.

"Take that. Your dark persona could use a pinch of sprinkles." He'd kill her with just a look if she talks to him like that. She'd go back to the start.

She entered the classroom with a small colorful box that contained the cupcake she made as a way of being on good terms with Zayn Malik.

Since last Monday she has been thinking of a way to apologize.

Last night she overheard her grandmother say after serving her husband dinner that the "only way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Well, even if this guy was nicknamed "the brute", he was still human.

She woke up at six in the morning, baked some cupcakes and decorated one for her intriguing classmate. She used her mother's recipe.

As she planned, she was the first one to enter the class. She didn't want anyone to be here and see what she was about to do.

She took a piece of paper and wrote on it "Zayn, I'm sorry we met like this, let's start all over again. Hi my name is Diana Ambrose 😊" and placed it on Malik's desk on top of the small box.

She took a place in her seat while chewing on her thumbnail and bouncing her leg rapidly.

Is this the right move?

Is he going to like it?

Is he going to laugh at her for being what Harry likes to call a "dumb bitch"?

Is he going to hate her more?

What if he's allergic to chocolate?

What if he's gluten intolerant?

What if Carter enters the class before him and thinks that the cupcake destined to him and eat it?

The door flew open interrupting Diana's smart overthinking. The main subject of her thoughts entered the room.

What is his problem with opening the door like that every time? Chill man.

He walked in front of her to go sit in the last seat next to the window. In these twenty seconds, Diana studied him, he... he looked unreal.

Hair so black even the crows were jealous of it, his cheekbones were higher than her hopes in life. And his eyelashes? Well, they were one meter ahead of him.

How such a handsome man like him can be talked about negatively by everybody?

He passed her left side and decided to sit on the desk in front of the one he was intended to until he saw his name written in bold.

Diana sighed in relief when he took the box in his hands. She was watching him discretely from the corner of her eyes, turning her neck slightly.

He read the words, rolled his eyes and crumpled the small piece of paper.

Diana gulped embarrassingly, whatever she does he still is not going to accept her. Is she really that annoying? He didn't even open the box...

HE IGNORED IT.

Maybe her overthinking earlier was right. .

********************************

"She was like a rainbow after a storm