Chapter 2- The Brute

Ignoring the gossips running around, the whispers and the crowds in the hallway, she finally reached the English department's building.

Misses Vivian sent her here to talk to the department's head chief, since not enough students were taking the optional class she wanted. Only four students, including her, were interested in creative writing.

Her mother loved writing and reading small poems, Diana too.

She had to convince this woman to open the course no matter what.

She had always loved to express her feelings on paper to make everything feel more clear, more real. She wanted this escapade to her heart, to this creative spot in her mind.

Writing was something she cherished, but since she started university, the time to write vanished in front of her studies. Maybe if she took this class, she'd impose the time

She really hoped it's going to work because she couldn't take anymore shit. All she asked for was a peaceful day of classes and a few laughs with her friends.

Instead, she had stupidly bad events going around and was now supposed to convince a director she never met to open this damn class she'd die for.

After climbing the stairs to the third floor, she searched for the second black door on the left.

She took a moment to catch her breath, to straighten her lilac shirt and ruffle her short brown hair a little to look more presentable.

She hoped the woman behind the door wouldn't notice her red cheeks or her dirty wet shoes. She knocked on the door and turned the knob when she heard a "come in" from inside.

Once inside, the young lady took a moment to adjust to her surroundings.

The director sat behind her slim computer, with a mug placed next to a pile of papers in front of her. The woman used her pointer finger to raise her glasses on her nose and looked at the student who just entered her work zone.

Diana cleared her throat and fiddled with her slim fingers.

"Erm, good morning Misses, I'm Diana and I'm from the agronomy division. Misses Vivian told me to come here and discuss with you about something."

"Hello miss Ambrose, right? Yes, my colleague told me about your visit. Please take a seat." As Diana obeyed the middle-aged woman continued: "She told me that you decided to take your optional here in English, right? The creative writing class, right?"

"Yes." Diana faked a smile. "I was told there was a lack of students, only four..."

The woman nodded pensively. "Exactly, and honestly I don't think it's still available with such a small number of students. I only accept a minimum of 7 students for a class."

Her head hanging low, Diana sighed in disappointment. She was really excited to take it. She was convinced that she could connect with her mother somehow.

She thought for a moment and when the bulb above her head lit up, she pushed her hair from her face and without hesitation gave the director a determined look.

"With all due respect, can you make an exception this time? I really want to take this class, it's really important to me!" Maybe she could convince after all.

"It's important to me too dear, but I'm not going to waste the time of a professor just for four students. Right?"

If she says "right" one more time in her high-pitched voice, Diana would find the nearest cliff and jump from the top of it.