Red Carpet

Chapter Nine

"God, how do you walk in heels," I muttered to myself as I was changing in the hotel.

"Mikayla, do you need any help putting the dress on?" Mikayla's, or should I say my stylist Oscar, called out.

"No, no I think I'm good!" I called back.

I put the five inch heels down and stared at the long, black dress before me. It was absolutely beautiful. The 

dress was sleeveless with a rather low back. In the front, it had a high slit for my leg to peak out and a thin diamond belt around the waist. I took the dress off the hanger and slowly stepped into it. I pulled it up and my arms through the straps. It was tight fit but I could deal with. I looked in the mirror and starred at myself in disbelief. I never thought I'd be wearing anything like this in a million years. I just so use wearing things from cheap clothing stores. Not Gucci or Versace. This was Mikayla's thing. Not mine.

I let out a deep breath and smoothed out the creases in the dress. I slipped my feet into to the black pumps and stumbled as I began to walk.

"Oh, fuck," I muttered to myself.

I've been practicing walking in heels all week but it's so difficult for me. It's like my legs are jello in these things.

"I'm coming in Mikaya," Oscar said on the other side of the bedroom door.

"Kay," I responded as I awaited his approval.

He stepped in and fixed his stylish glasses on his face. He took a look at me and his mouth dropped, "Damm girl, I don't think you've ever looked so hot."

I giggled, "Thanks Oscar. Um, is Zayn ready?" What is a girl without her date?

"Yep, he's in the other room. He should be finished."

"Thanks. I'll be out in a bit," I told him.

He nodded and made his way back out. I stood in front of the mirror once again and placed my big curls over my shoulders. My hair was a lot longer that Mikayla's. It was no problem though. People get extensions all the time. I kept looking at myself and thought that no one would think that I'm NOT Mikayla. We look exactly alike. Not one thing was different about us. It's going to be all okay.

|Zayn's Point of View|

"Girls take forever," I laughed to Oscar.

He chuckled, "Once you see her you'll see why." He left and went into the bedroom.

I smirked and turned around to check my appearance. Gotta say simple black suits is something I can pull off. I played with my tie and I heard the click-clack of heels behind me. I turned around and stood there stunned. Mallory stood there in the dress looking...beautiful.

"Zayn, stop staring at me like that," She said quietly as she crossed arms over her chest. She was insecure. I could tell.

"I'm sorry. You just look-" and I couldn't get anything out. She really looked amazing.

"That bad? God, I knew it. I can't pull this off. I can't be Mikayla," She turned to go back into the bedroom.

I ran up to her and grabbed her arm, "No, no! You look...amazing," I told her.

She stared at me, "Are you lying to me?"

I chuckled, "No, I'm not lying. I mean it."

"Oh, well in that case," She straightened her back and shifted her dress, "You don't look so bad yourself."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"So how am I suppose to like..pose?" She asked nervously.

"Just smile and look pretty," I said.