New Top Dog?

It was around 9:00 am the next day at the Dalmatian house, and while the pups went about their normal routine, Dolly, Dylan, and Dawkins were cleaning up the kitchen from this morning's breakfast; with the kibble machine down, breakfast took longer to get ready and now they needed to clean up.

"Ugh this is so exhausting doing all this." Dolly complained.

Dylan rolled his eyes.

"Hey breakfast could have also gone faster if you didn't try to sleep in sis." Dylan said.

"Hey yesterday at the park was tiring ok." Dolly tried to defend herself.

"Regardless we have a lot to do today, some of the other gadgets in the house are broken, so Dawkins and I are gonna have to spend most of the day repairing them." Dylan said.

"What?! That means I'm gonna have to watch the pups solo today!" Dolly whined.

"Sorry sis, if you follow my advice and don't do anything reckless with the pups, everything should be fine." Dylan said.

Dolly could see Dylan giving a slight smug smile and groaned.

"Whatever." She said.

After over a little half an hour of washing and putting away, the three were finally done with dishes.

"Finally." Dolly said relived.

She looked over to her side however and saw Dylan thinking.

"What's wrong?" Dolly asked.

He looked over at her.

"Huh, oh nothing is wrong but I have been thinking, that since now Dante isn't really doing predictions anymore and since he's the oldest after me and you, that maybe we shoulder consider making him a Top Dog soon so he can help with the pups and chores." Dylan explained.

Dawkins was sitting next to Dylan and looked at him after he said that.

"Pfff." Dawkins scoffed. "Dante is only being quiet about his predictions because he's forced to, that doesn't necessarily stop him from being negative all the time, and besides he's not the most responsible pup around." He added.

"Well I don't know, he has been helping a bit as of late." Dylan pointed out.

"Yes but that's probably cause he's bored at the moment, the moment he finds something else to obsess over he'll be back to ignoring everything else and once again we're talking about Dante, I don't think he's exactly the best around pups." Dawkins argued.

Dolly listen to step-brothers debate, remembering not to mention Elvira to them, hoping soon that Dante would reach out to her soon.

Dylan looked back at Dolly.

"Dolly what do you think?" He asked.

Dolly thought about it for a moment, she did agree that Dante probably needed to start doing more in the house, but at the same time she was worried about asking him.

"I mean I do think we need another set of paws to help out, but listen I do think we need to be careful about pressing or forcing him to do it, sure he's been a little better but given how upset he was earlier, I don't want to ask him and make things worse, he needs to be willing to step up on his own." Dolly said.

Dylan frowned a bit.

"Sigh, I guess you are right about that, one wrong move and we might make him snap." Dylan said.

"So how do you plan to go about this?" Dawkins asked.

"Just let me try to talk to him ok, I'll handle this." Dolly said.