Sad Memories

Dolly and Dylan were up in the attic after a tense moment with Dante after Dylan had unknowingly tried to throw out his guitar and things were only going to get more emotional as Dolly had revealed the reason behind Dante's anger.

"Your mother was named Darryleen Dalmatian?" Dylan asked his step-sister.

She nodded with a sad expression on her face.

It had been a long time that any mention of Dolly's biological mother was brought up. Dylan put his paw under his chin, trying to think.

"I think I heard her name mentioned when mom and dad first met, but it's been so long, and I remember mom said not to ask or talk to much about her." Dylan recalled.

"Yeah it was because dad got really emotional and quiet whenever she was mentioned. He really loved my mom and struggled after we lost her." Dolly confirmed.

Dylan could see Dolly looking as if she was debating about something before looking back at him.

"But after what just happen a moment ago, I think it's important you know about her." Dolly said.

Dylan laid on his stomach, getting the feel he was in for quite the story. Looking at Dolly, he felt uneasy as he wasn't use to seeing her like this.

"Obviously you know we lived in America before we came here to London. Our family lived at a fire house station." Dolly said. 

"So that means dad had always been a firedog." Dylan said. "But that makes me wonder why you were excited about "Bring Your Kid To Work Day" when dad took you to where he works now if you had lived in a firehouse." Dylan continued.

"Well my siblings and I stayed in a separate building where the fire fighting dogs lived, away from all the equipment, so we never saw what they did." Dolly explained.

Dylan suddenly remembered something from the steel chest.

"There was a fire helmet in that chest, does that mean your mom was?"

Dolly nodded.

"Yes our mother was a fire fighting dog just like dad." She said.

A small smile formed on Dolly's face.

"According to dad and even the other dogs there, she was one of the best out there; smart, fearless, and athletic, and saved many lives during her lifetime." She said.

Dylan eyes widen with interest as Dolly continued the story.

"But at the same time she was also a loving mother. Everyday after work she play and dote on everyone, making sure everyone was cared for and if we were ever having a bad day, she would always be there to love and comfort us." Dolly said.

There was a brief pause.

"And I remember how Dante was around her, believe it or not he was a real momma's boy." She said.

Dylan dropped his jaw in surprised.

"Dante a momma's boy!?" Dylan said a bit loudly in shock.

Dolly nodded.

"Hehe yeah, I know it's shocking but it is true." Dolly confirmed.