Emotional Wounds

High emotions were rampant in the Dalmatian house. Within seconds after Dante stormed out, the pups became a huge sea of distress, and they were drowning Dolly and Dylan in questions.

"Where did Dante go?"

"Is he angry at us?"

"Is he coming back?"

"Guys please just calm down and go back upstairs." Dylan tried to gently say.

"Yeah things are ok, don't worry." Dolly tried reassuring.

But their words were hardly working. In the crowd, Deepak was trying to use calming techniques to ease his siblings fears, but the sheer overwhelming emotions and his own worry was making it difficult for him this time, and his attempts failed. He felt himself wanting to collapse in defeat as his methods were deflected.

"G-Guru Miaow help us." Deepak said, ready to give up.

"It's ok bro." Dolly said, noticing him and rubbing his back to comfort him. After she walked off, DJ approached him, gesturing him to follow him. Deepak did so.

Doug and Delilah also tried to calm their children down, but they were struggling the most.

"P-Please k-kids." Doug said, struggling to not cry.

"T-There is nothing t-to.......worry about. Just do as Dolly and Dylan told you. We will handle it." Delilah finished, who was finding it just as hard to keep it together.

Dante's words echoed in their ears. Today had started with such high hope, and now it felt torn down and everything it was holding underneath it, stuff they had no idea about, had crashed unto them. Now things were spiraling out of control.

Dolly looked at Dylan, who was extremely stressed out right now. Though the cries and distress of the pups and parents were disheartening, she was just as worried for Dante and he was out there, angry and alone.

"I'm going out to find him. Keep everyone relaxed while I'm gone." Dolly said.

"How? I feel we tried everything, nothing is working." Dylan questioned.

Suddenly soft music played in the air and everyone paused. On the couch of the living room, and radio playing instrumental yoga music played, with Deepak on side of it and DJ on the other, who was using his keyboard to add a little bit of tunes to it. The pups were drawn in to it, and gathered around. Once everyone sat, Deepak got in his usual meditating position.

"P-Please brothers and sisters, r-relax."

Deepak was still pretty anxious, but he managed to keep his tone calm and he began humming and chanting. Though the pups still whimpered, they calmed down significantly to allow Dolly and Dylan, and their parents to move to the side.

"Alright now's the chance to go look for him. Stay here until I get back." Dolly instructed.

"But shouldn't we all go. We can leave Dawkins in charge." Dylan suggested.

"We might find him faster that way." Doug added.

"Honestly I don't know if that's a good idea. You saw how upset Dante was. If he sees us all, it might stress him out further." Dolly said.

Delilah and Doug dropped their heads sadly. Though she didn't say it, Doug and Delilah had a feeling that she was technically meaning them.

"I'll bring him back, don't worry." Dolly reassured.

And with that, she was out the door.

Meanwhile in other parts of Camden in the now dark sky, Dante was still running with no idea of where exactly he was going and laughter playing in his head.