First Flighting Part 1

Dante and Elvira walked, nearly close to the park. Dante was pretty quiet, his first plan having failed him.

"What to do? How do I make her not wanna see me again? I can't just avoid her." Dante thought.

He watched Elvira as she walked. She was greeting other animals as they passed them with a her always beautiful smile and approachable and cutesy tone in her voice, blissfully unaware of what Dante was planning. The sheer thought that he had to crush her in some way made him feel disgusted with himself.

"Sigh.....and I got on Portia last night because I didn't want to betray Elvira, the cruel irony."Dante thought.

He shook his head.

"But this is to protect her! This is what's right, the greater good. You're not like Portia, you care about her!" Dante tried to convince himself.

Portia.

"Wait! She doesn't like Portia." He thought a little more, an idea formed. "If I was to act like Portia, she totally wouldn't want anything to do with me."

Elvira looked back at him as they reached the park, her face gleaming and making Dante gulp and sweat. He took deep breaths.

"Here goes nothing."

"Isn't today lovely Dante? Everyone is out and about, all in a good mood." Elvira said.

Dante calmed himself and harden his nervous expression to a more blank and bored one, wiping off the sweat on his body. He couldn't afford to show weaknesses.

"I mean it's.....just like any other day, I don't see really see the big deal." Dante dryly said, trying not to stutter.

Elvira frowned slightly, confused.

"Well.....it's just nice knowing things are great. You should never take moments of peace for granted, and besides with all these individuals, you never know when you could make a friend." Elvira explained.

"If you say so." Dante said.

Elvira was silent and just continued walking, the seeds of awkwardness beginning to sprout. When she was no longer looking at him, Dante let out a silent sigh, his heart feeling more weight being added as if it wasn't heavy enough.

They entered and walked up to a space near a bed of flowers. Out in the distance in front of the bed was Juday and Cleo, both with skateboards. Both looked up Dante the moment he and Elvira were in sight. Dante froze.

"Crud." Dante said silently. He knew Deidra would be here, but for some reason he had forgotten about Juday and Cleo.

It was gonna make everything harder, especially with them looking at him like that, with Cleo's annoyed face along with Juday's blank gaze. Dante could feel his bored facade already trying to crumble.

"How could I forget about them? If I do this around them, I'm a chew toy for sure!" Dante continue to say to himself.

But he couldn't break now, he felt as though if he tried to wait later, things would just be harder.

"Just be subtle." Dante thought.

More deep breaths before continuing to follow Elvira. He noticed Juday giving a small wave, with Cleo giving a more annoyed, obligated one.

But he didn't see Deidra. Where was she?

He and Elvira laid down next to the flower bed. And a small rustling can be heard from the bed. Elvira turned her head at the noise.

"Deidra it's me. I brought Dante." She called out.

Deidra's small head peeked out. Cautiously looking around before leaving and coming up to Elvira, rubbing her head against Elvira's cheek. Elvira wrapped an arm around her younger sister, smiling.