Deidra

It was Friday at the Dalmatian house and Doug and Delilah were finally off. Normally they were off on Saturday and Sunday but the schedule had to be changed for the week due to some co-workers being out on vacation, regardless they were happy to be with their pups.

"Get the ball kids!" Doug said as he threw a tennis ball across the yard.

"Ball! Ball! Ball."The pups said, each pup scrambling to get the ball first.

Dante however wasn't playing and was watching from the side. Delilah was also on the side and noticed him standing there.

"Sweets why don't you play with them?" She encouraged.

Dante just continue to stare at everyone, he probably would play but he's was still kinda sore at Doug for forgetting about trying to talk to him from last week.

"Still to busy to notice me." He thought.

His thoughts were interrupted by Delilah handing him a chewy dog stick treat.

"Would you like one, I'm gonna pass them to everyone after they were done playing." Delilah said.

Dante looked at the chewy treat, it appeared to be a beef flavored one. Despite her smile he gave her a suspicious look as if she was trying to bribe him; however he did say he would try to get along with her. He took the treat from her and began to naw at the end of it.

"T-thanks." He said.

"You're welcome love." Delilah said.

Dante watched her as she walked off to start passing treats to the pups. Even with trying to get along with her, Dante still felt uneasy around her. Even though a part of him wanted to give her a chance, a certain thought was holding him back.

"Don't try, you're never gonna be close to her. You'll try and she'll let you down."

Dante sighed, at this point he figured he have to settle for any kind of positive relationship with her. But no matter what, Darryleen would always be his mom and Delilah had no hope as far as he was concerned in replacing her.

He walked back inside and into the living room to chew on his treat in peace. He found a tablet and looked on the internet for something to watch. Before he could get on the couch he heard a knock on the door.

He went over to the door and scanned his paw to open the doggie door. He stepped outside to see Elvira standing before him.

"Oh hey Elvira, what being you here?" Dante asked.

"Oh well I wanted to ask a favor?" She said.

"A....favor?" Dante asked, confused.

She nodded.

"Yeah well I was wanting to ask if you and maybe a couple other members of your family could meet Deidra?" She asked.

Dante noticed she looked a bit uncertain.

"That mystery sister she's mentioned before, but why does she seem hesitant?" Dante thought. "I guess so but didn't you say she was really shy?"

"Yes and there is something else you need to know about her." Elvira said.

"Yesss?" Dante said.

"Deidra's a cat." She revealed.

Dante just stared, dumbfounded. He dropped his treat on the ground, his shock made Elvira feel more uneasy.

"Uh that's not a problem is it?" Elvira asked nervously.

Dante shook off his confusion.

"No, no it's...it's fine it's just........how?" He asked.

Elvira laughed.