Getting To Work

Dolly and Dylan were both staring at Dante in surprise.

"You want to start.....helping us?" Dylan asked.

"I guess, I mean Dolly did ask me yesterday before I left the house." Dante responded.

Dylan looked back at Dolly.

"Well I said I was going to yesterday morning before we started on our chores." Dolly reminded.

Dylan thought back to yesterday.

"Oh yeah I remember now." He said, looking back at Dante. "So you're gonna start helping with watching the pups?"

Dante shook his head.

"Uh no, look I don't think I'm puppy sitter material here, but if you have some chores like cleaning or whatnot I'll do that." He said.

Dylan thought about it for a moment. Even though having another set of eyes on the pups would've nice, he wasn't sure if he could disagree with Dante.

Dolly nudged his shoulder.

"Look bro he's offering to help in some way , either way it will help a lot and let us focus more on the pups if we need to and get more rest." She said.

She gave Dylan a look that said "Don't try to push Dante."

Dylan knew she was right and faced Dante.

"Alright I guess that's fair." Dylan agreed. "After breakfast I'll find an assignment for you ok."

Dante nodded, not saying anything.

The rest of the morning went on as normal. Everyone ate breakfast and then Doug and Delilah went off to work. Dante didn't want to mention to them that he was trying to contribute, the last thing he wanted was for them to expect it out of him to start parenting the pups, he hoped just doing chores would be enough for them.

After everything was cleaned up in the kitchen, Dylan called him to the backyard.

Dante walked into a rather messy backyard. Toys were everywhere, the windows were dirty, and holes were dug up all over the ground.

He saw Dylan and Dawkins sitting in the middle of the yard waiting for him.

"Alrighty Dante as you can see the backyard is a mess and it's gonna be your job to clean it up." Dylan said.

Dante looked all over the yard seeing the large mess everywhere, it was rather overwhelming and would definitely take longer than cleaning a living room up.

"Oh...." Dante said, obviously not looking forward to it.

Dawkins suddenly handed him some rubber gloves, a spray cleaner, cloth, and a scooper.

"You'll need these for what you'll be doing." Dawkins said.

Dylan nodded.

"I've decided that I'll give you at least three or four assignments a day for now and today everything you need to do will be out here." Dylan said and pointed at the yard. "I need you to get all these toys picked up, holes refilled so nobody trips in them, and windows washed."

Dante looked at the scooper.

"What's this for?" He asked.

"That's to pick up poop." Dawkins said.

"Oh." Dante said and looked at the scooper. "Great......."