Run

The BAU all huddled together hoping to find any sort of information from the tapes that were continuously being sent through children. At this point Reid and Fenley had been missing for over 24 hours and while Spencer is the best with statistics, they all knew that their chances of finding them were only lowering. 

************

Liam ran as fast as his legs would let him. He had never cared for someone this much in his life and there was no way in hell he would let the man he loves die. No way. They were going to grow old together and die together. His legs were aching and he was dehydrated but that didn't stop him. He figures this must be adrenaline as he was terrified of closing his eyes and not seeing Spencer when they opened. He ran through a field until he found a school. He thought to himself this must be where Spencer and Keenan went to school. It would make sense. An unsub like Keenan would likely choose an area that had some significance to it. He cringes at ideas of what that area meant to them. Determined, he pushes those thoughts away and notices that there are not any children in front of the school and they are likely having recess out back. This comforts Liam given that he looked scary in his current form and did not like the idea of threatening children.  He wonders about what Spencer must have been like as a child as he races towards the entrance of the school, but he barely has a chance to ponder before a teacher, Liam guesses the principal, exits the school and shouts:

"THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY DO NOT TRY ANYTHING! THIS IS A SCHOOL! DO NOT HURT THE CHILDREN!"

Liam, confused for a second understood that the principal probably thought he was a murderer. Clearly they aren't so careful when it comes to actual murderers but then he remembered the line "the police are on their way" and he exclaims:

"THANK GOD"

The principal, obviously confused by that statement waits for the strange man to say more as he walks towards him. As they meet Liam speaks in a normal tone of voice.

"My name is Liam Fenley, I'm an FBI agent, do you have a phone?"

The principal ponders the question trying to decode weather or not he is lying but Liam is running out of patience Spencer is in danger.

"God dammit do you have a phone?!"

His tone shocks the principal in action and he hands Liam the phone.

"Thanks"

********************

"Hotch!" Morgan called.

"The police have been called for a strange man near Spencer's old school and with everything we've seen-"

"That's not a coincidence." Hotch affirms then speaks up to the station.

"Alright we might have something by Denvalley elementary. I need you to be careful, we aren't sure if this is our unsub, one of our agents or a random person. Study these pictures (photos of Keenan, Spencer and Liam are sent around the room), the one marked in red, Keenan, is our unsub. Let's go." 

As the officers and the agents leave the station Hotch receives a phone call.

"Hello this is agen-"

"Hotch? Oh my God please tell me you can hear me. Ho-"

"Fenley? What's going on?"

"Yeah it- it's me. He has Spencer Hotch. Keenan. Keenan has Spencer and he might be doing something terrible and now I'm at this school I've been runnning for I don't know like forty five minutes and I think I might need an IV and oh my god Spencer is still with him what if they moved they may be moving we came from a barn ish building I think I dont know maybe im remembering this wrong-"

"Fenley! I need you to take a breath and slow down. We are on our way. You said you were by a school. Is it Denvalley elementary?"

Liam looks around and spots the sign.

"Yes."

"Okay that's where we are headed."

"Hotch is this where Spencer went to school?"

"Ye-" Aaron barely had time to speak the word before Liam went on.

"I was thinking Keenan is entirely motivated by this personal plan fueled by hatred against Spencer. He brings Spencer back to his hometown, kills to draw him in, makes him answer torturous questions which re-lives their time together. This is all too personal for the location to have no meaning either."

"I agree, you should be seeing some agents soon after you guide them to where you were staying make sure you think of anything Spencer may have told you relating to places that he spent time with Keenan."

"Yes sir"

Hotch hangs up and calls up Garcias 

"Hello"

"Hotch! Any news?"

"Yes, Liam is out safe but it is likely that Keenan is moving Spencer as we speak. I need you to go through the reports that involve the assault charges. Find places that may have been mentioned. That could be where they are heading next."

"On it."

*************************

Spencer feels exhausted. He had been trying to keep it together for Liam, not wanting to scare him. Although he doubts it did much. He and Keenan are currently walking off the property making their way to another location that Keenan has yet to reveal. Although the situation is draining, he is exhausted and can't feel his legs, Spencer feels almost greatful. It sounds messed up but Keenan let Liam go. Liam is safe. For all Spencer could care, Keenan could do whatever he wanted as long as Liam was safe he'd be fine. Yet he can't seem to get a question out of his mind. Why? Feeling bold, Spencer spoke:

"Why?"

"Why what S, you're going to have to be a little more specific."

"Why did you let him go"

This seems to make Keenan a bit angry as Spencer notices the clench in his jaw.

"It was SUPosed to be just US. That's how this was supposed to go. I'm going to get caught anyway I might as well play this out the way that I want it. "

Spencer takes this into consideration figuring that it makes sense. Keenan built a fantasy around getting back at Spencer. Although if he's being honest, Keenan just got out of prison, he might just be sticking to what he knows. And what he knows is being a dick to Spencer because he can't handle his own feelings. Spencer has tried telling Keenan that being gay isn't this all terrible thing. In fact, even if statistics can not accurately measure sexuality, it is estimated that at least half the world isn't both cis and straight. But it was no use. Keenan only took this as an opportunity to hurt Spencer more and after a while Reid got sick of trying to help Keenan. He tried to avoid him but that only made matters worse. So as he was practically being dragged around to wherever they were going he decided to keep his mouth shut. Keenan had done nothing but hurt Spencer and so Reid is the LAST person that should have to help him.