Nightmares

AN: I would like to formally apologize for this fic. It was fueled by angst and is probably the cringiest thing to ever exist. That being said, you have been warned, read at your own risk.
_________________________

Spencer Reid wakes from another long night of nightmares and restless sleep. It's not something that really surprises him anymore given the fact that he's so used to them. He gets dressed quickly grabs a coffee and makes his way to work. When he gets there he is ushered into the briefing room. Hotch is set up already, JJ at his side as everyone else scrambles into the room and takes their seats.

"Alright guys today is the day where our newest member, Liam Fenley will be joining the team. He should be arriving soon so make him feel welcome."

Everyone nods their heads in agreement and as predicted Liam walked into the room soon after. Spencer was half asleep given the coffee wasn't very strong so he only noticed the man when he sat down next to him and JJ spoke up.

"Alrighty, first thing first welcome to the team Liam, unfortunately we have a rough case ahead of us. Sixteen year old Hannah was-"

Spencer's POV:

JJ continues to give the details of the case as I listen. Glancing at Liam from time to time. Everyone seems to be trying to read, rather profile, him based off of what limited time we've gotten together. I'm assuming everyone wants to be sure that he will be a good fit. But here's what I've got. He's tall, brown short hair, muscular build but not too muscular a bit like Derek, brown-green eyes that look almost as tired as mine and you can tell he's thinking about the case and the information that is being given by JJ. His body language suggest that he doesn't like the idea of someone killing a bunch of teenage girls but the way he's sitting makes me believe that he's confident, self assured and is very much willing to put away whoever is doing this. Assuming I'm correct he will definitely fit in.

I look back at JJ and the rest of the team and Hotch informs us that we will be on our way asap. I glance at Liam quickly and grab my bag. While we are on the plane I'm trying not to drift asleep when Liam sits in front of me. He sits close enough that our knees are touching but barely. It startles me a bit but I don't show it. I look at him and he speaks.

"Hey, Spencer right? Morgan told me you were the genius of the group. I'm told that I must be prepared to be extremely impressed."

I laugh a bit and say: "I'm more of a library than a genius but I'll take what I can get"

He's about to say something when Hotch speaks up:

"Alright team we land soon Morgan and I will go to the crime scene. Reid and Liam I want you two to start on victimology and could everyone else see what info you can get from the police and the families we will meet back at the station when we're done. Remember to keep everyone updated. I want to get whatever work done that we can before night."

We all nod as I look back to Liam.

"Guess I'll be able to see for myself if you're a genius sooner than I thought." Liam says playfully.

I look at him and smile. "You know I'm really not a genius"

He looks at me unconvinced.

"Okay fine I'm a little bit of a genius."

He laughs and I can't help but stare at him laughing. Not in a weird way, I don't think. It's just seeing him laugh made me smile and I've really needed that recently.

When we land everyone does as Hotch says and Liam and I work on victimology. We get in a few conversations here and there but the case takes priority. We managed to make up a game plan that would be put into execution tomorrow morning. The plan gives us the highest chance of catching the unsub before he hurts anyone else.