5.Venemous

The  rain poured down over me as my clothes became drenched

The rain poured down over me as my clothes became drenched. I quickly looked around before using my enhanced speed as I found myself walking down the street. Pulling my hood up, I kept my head down as my ears tried focusing on voices, footsteps or any form of human life.

"I know Mom I'll be there soon"

I peered over my shoulder to see a girl a couple years older than me walking behind me as she held the phone to her ear. I stepped into an alleyway as I pressed my back against the wall waiting for the girl to pass and as she did I casually walked out acting as if I had accidentally bumped into her. The phone in her hand was now flying across the road as the girl groaned.

"I'm sorry" I said giving her a weak smile.

"It's fine, just my luck" She sighed. She turned to run across the road and grab her phone but my hand circled around her wrist tightly as she released a gasp of pain. I stepped backwards into the alleyway before allowing the veins to show on my face.

"Don't panic. Don't scream. Don't even move" I compelled, and of course she stood perfectly still as I grabbed her wrist as I pulled the sleeve up and sunk my sharp fangs into her skin. I felt the overpowering guilt in the sick feeling of my stomach, I hated it, I hated this life more than anything. I didn't want this, this urge to feed in every person that passed but I knew it was something I had to do to survive.

"Fancy seeing you here" I took my teeth out from the girls arm as I spun around to see Isaac leaning against the wall opposite me. "You don't plan to kill her do you? Not that I care or anything just got a good, strong feeling Derek and Scott won't be too happy about that"

"Mhm good for them" I said as I looked to the girl.

"You stopped at the bar. You met a guy, things got heated. He bit you. Now go" I compelled as the girl nodded and blinked after being compelled. She glanced between me and Isaac before she left the alleyway.

"Thanks for ruining my dinner" I said as I turned back to him.

"My bad. Cant have you killing everyone you see" she said as he shrugged his leather jacket on properly as he stepped closer towards me.

"I don't kill them Isaac. Feeding on blood just so happens to be a side effect of vampirism" I said briefly.

"We already have a serial killer kanima. Last thing we need is a murderous vampire" He said as he leaned down over me.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not a murderous vampire" I said as I flashed a fake smile at him. His eyes studied my face as I could feel the tension between us growing. His eyes trailed down to my lips as he lifted his thumb and wiped away a drop of blood from them. I then stepped backwards onto the street.