6.Frenemy

Allison, Lydia and I pulled up outside Lydia's house as Allison took a deep breath and shifted in her seat

Allison, Lydia and I pulled up outside Lydia's house as Allison took a deep breath and shifted in her seat. It had been a painfully quiet drive, as I sat in the back staring into space the whole way.

"I need you to promise you won't say anything about what just happened" Allison said slowly as she turned to face the strawberry blonde haired girl.

"Ill promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened" Lydia said quickly as the fear danced around in her deep green eyes.

"This is bigger than all of us Lydia" I said as I leaned between their seats.

"Yeah It's-Its kind of complicated. I..."

"Well how about you start with, why was Derek there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?" Lydia said cutting Allison off, her voice almost as quiet as a whisper. Me and Allison exchanged glances as I felt guilt run through my veins.

"Lyds-" I began to say but once again she interrupted.

"Oh do yous need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?" She said as she stared at her house, refusing to look me or Allison in the eye.

"Part of the reason why Im asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other okay?So it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself" Allison told her.

"Fine" Lydia muttered.

"We want to tell you everything Lydia we really do, but it's not that simple" I said.

"I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend which is nothing, to myself. And Daniella, I don't really know what you want me to hide but fine" And with that Lydia opened the car door but Allison quickly grabbed her shoulder.

"Hey" She said. "He's not just my boyfriend. You get that right?" Allison asked.

"Let me go" Lydia ordered.

Allison didn't let go, "Just for one second, please, try and remember-"

"Remember what?" Lydia asked loudly. Even I was confused as to what Allison was trying to say.

"Remember what it feels like" Allison said slowly, "All of those times in school, when you see him standing down the hall and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you...you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that feels like?"

I sat as I felt as though a train had hit my chest. I didn't even remember feeling like that, not for Scott, the one boyfriend I had actually had. That's when it hit me that I had never truly been in love with someone. Sure I had liked Scott, and he had meant a lot to me and he was like a bestfriend but we were never truly in love, not like him and Allison. And I knew for a fact my brother was never like that to Lydia.