Can You Keep A Secret?

We crashed through the door landing on the floor, not too gently either. Standing up Lucy grabbed my hand and we took off running to find the others.

"It's alright. We're back. We're alright."

"Shut up he's coming." Edmund said from the curtain.

I looked at Lu confused as Peter rounded the corner.

"You know. I'm not sure you three have quite got the idea of this game."

"Weren't you wondering where we were?" Lu asked.

"That's the point. That's why he was seeking you." Edmund said.

"No need to be rude about it Ed." I scolded.

"Does this mean I win?" Susan asked running over to us.

"I don't think Lucy and Rowan want to play anymore."

"We've been gone for hours." She replied before we lead them back to the room.

Susan looked inside the wardrobe while Edmund went to the back.

"The only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe."

"One game at a time Lu. We haven't all got your imagination."

"But it wasn't a game." I said softly.

"Yeah well your imagination is just as active as hers."

The three of them turned to leave.

"But I wasn't imagining!" Lu yelled after them.

"That's enough, Lucy."

"Why would we lie about this?" I asked holding Lucy's hand.

"Well I believe you."

"You do?" Lucy asked while I narrowed my eyes a him.

"Yeah, of course. Didn't I tell you about the football field in the bathroom cupboards?"

"Will you stop it? You just have to make everything worse, don't you?"

"It was just a joke."

"Peter don't be so hard on him." I snapped.

"When are you three gonna learn to grow up?" He asked looking between Ed, Lu, and I.

"Shut up! You think your dad, but you're not!" He yelled getting in Peters face before running off.

"Well that was nicely handled." Susan said before leaving.

"But it really was there." Lu said softly making Peter look at us.

"Susan's right Lucy. That's enough."

"Why don't you just leave us the hell alone Peter."

He looked taken back and shocked by my tone before he left.

Lu slowly shut the wardrobe door before she turned to me. "How'd you do that with the candles back at Mr. Tumnus's house?"

"Lu I'm gonna tell you a secret that you can't tell anyone. Not even your siblings okay?" I asked crouching down in front of her.

"Okay. I promise." She smiled holding out her pinky. I interlocked ours together and smiled at her.

"My mom was a witch. And when I was born the gene was passed to me. So I'm a witch. And one of my earliest memories I have is of my mother telling me stories about Narnia. I don't know how she knew about it. But your mom and my mom were best friends, they grew up together. Your mom thought that my mom knew something bad was going to happen to her so she sat down with your mom and they talked and made plans for me."