Meeting Aslan

An: sorry about the super late update. This week has been crazy and hectic, but here is the next chapter. And I will still be updating tomorrow as well.

—————————————————————————
We took off running following the beavers. When we reached the River we could see chunks of ice breaking away.

"Oh no! We have to hurry." I exclaimed.

"We need to cross now!" Peter backed me up.

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy's asked.

"I'm not that fast dear." Mr. beaver relied.

"Come on." I waved them to follow.

"Wait. Will you just think about this for a minute?"

"We don't have a minute."

"I'm just trying to be realistic."

"No your trying to be smart. As usual."

"We don't have time to argue." I reminded them.

I heard a howl in the distance. Snapping my head up.

"Oh come on. Not now."

We hurried our pace trying to get across the River before the wolves got to us.

"Wait maybe I should go first." Mr. Beaver said.

"Maybe you should." Peter agreed.

He stepped carefully snaking his tail on the ice. When part of it cracked.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you." Mrs. Beaver accused.

"Well, you never know which meals your last. Especially with your cooking."

I followed behind slowly. The other coming as well.

"If mom knew what we were doing.."

"Moms not here."

"Oh no." I followed Lucy's eyeline and saw the wolves running atop the still frozen waterfall.

"Run." Peter said.

"Hurry."

They landed in front of us effectively trapping us on the melting river.

Peter pulled out his sword.

"Put that down boy." The wolf snarled "Someone could get hurt."

"Don't worry about me. Run him through." Mr. beaver told Peter.

"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you."

"Stop, Peter, maybe we should listen to him."

"We most definitely should not." I replied instantly making the wolf growl at me.

I stared back not intimidated by him.

"Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!"

"Oh come on. This isn't your war." I carefully pulled out one of my knives. "All my queen wants is for you to take your family and go."

"Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero, just drop it."

"Susan stop."

"No peter Narnia needs you. Kill him while you still have a chance."

"What's it gonna be son of Adam. I can't wait forever. And neither will the River."

Lu gently tugged on my jacket and subtlety pointed at the falls before making a motioned with her hands. I did a very small area right by us too see if that's what she meant. She nodded.