22

sad chapter, anxiety, sad topics
sad atmosphere, sad things

***

The two shared a calming smile as he entered his car. The boy had a bright smile on his face, Celaine trying to reciprocate the face. He only kept that smile as he started the car, he didn't want to look away from her.

She watched as his car pulled away, she felt a small tug at her heart. Watching as he quickly waved goodbye, before turning his eyes back to the road.
She waved goodbye before turning back to her house, closing the door as she walked inside.

***

It had been a week since he left. The girl sat behind her PC putting clips together for a youtube video she wanted to put out this week. Her phone played the melody of Sparks by Coldplay.

The music muted, she turned to her phone to see the nurse that worked with her grandmother was calling her. She quickly took her hands that had a layer of sweat on them from being on the PC so long. "Hello?" she spoke up her voice coarser as she cleared her throat.

"Celaine, hello," the woman on the other side of the phone line seemed panicked as she spoke up. "Is everything okay?" Celaine quickly asked. "Mila.. she fell into a coma after her last nap. Her heart beat is steady but she is completely unresponsive," the woman's voice cracked under the call.

Celaines phone fell from her hand, she felt as if her heart fell to the bottom of her chest. All she heard was her phone clatter against the floor, one by one until it completely fell flat on the ground. She heard her ears ringing, the assistant shouting could hardly be heard from her phone as it laid on the ground.

She pressed her palms to her ears, in hopes of canceling out the ringing. All of it started to overwhelm her. The news, the sounds, the heavy breathing that sent a sharp spike into her ribs.

All she heard as she uncovered her ears was the phone call end, as it began ringing again. She quickly looked over to it, Willow nudged her head on it, signaling for Celaine to pick it up.

She did just that, tears brining from her eyes as she tried to process the news. "Hello, i'm sorry," she quickly said. "For what?" a dutch accent rung out. "Wait who is this?" she pulled the phone away from her ear to see Fundys name brighten on her phone.

"Oh fundy, I gotta call you back," she quickly hung up the phone to see that the assistant texted her. She read the text aloud to herself, "hello, please come visit her soon. We really don't know what's going to happen," she felt a single tear fall down her face.

She replied with a simple okay, before leaving her chair. Her hands shaking as she walked to her front room. Willow followed quickly behind her, as if the cat knew she was anxious. She began meowing as Celaine banged her hand against the wall in frustration.

"I'm sorry Willow," she quickly muttered, looking down at her cat who looked startled. "Oma might not make it out this time," she fell to the floor, the cat cuddled on to her lap, in a sort of comfort as she began softly weeping against the walls of her living room.

***

She was in the car on her way to visit her Oma. The car ride felt unpleasant after the rushed call she received from the nurse that stayed with her. She didn't even have music playing, the only thing she heard was willows soft purring as they drove along the Amsterdam streets.

Her heart felt like it had fallen from her chest, and was stomped on multiple times. As if she couldn't feel anything, tears still pricked from her eyes at the thought of loosing Mila, it sent a sharp pang into her chest.