Chapter 1: The Announcement

One day, as Shirikuka was learning how to drink tea properly, a gong rang causing her hand to shake and her tea to barely spill on her dress.

"Well, we should continue this sometime", said Rikafu, "Just remember the lessons I taught you and put them into practice, Princess Shirikuka".

Shirikuka put her teacup down gently and told him politely,"Please, just call me, Shikari. You don't have to be formal".

Shikari was what she preferred to be called, but rules stated that citizens of Ametiger must act formally around the Royal family. Turns out, only Kashito III were okay of calling her 'Shikari' in private because... well, what can I say? They always show up together in their private training.

Shikari stood up and so did Rikafu.

"Of course, of course. I wish I could, but you know the rules", he said.

Just as he was about to say a rule, she finished his sentence,"Citizens of Ametiger must act formally around the Royal family".

He put his finger up and moved side to side indicating that he's reminding her something,"Ah, ah, ah. You forgot one thing: 'A true princess never interrupts a conversation nor when a person is speaking'".

"I know, Mr. Rikafu", she said as she looked down in sadness,"Sorry".

Rikafu put his right hand on her left shoulder saying,"Don't be. You still have a lot to learn to become a proper princess and future empress".

She looked up and smiled softly at him, but on the inside, she felt down as her whole family and Rikafu never knew her destiny. A destiny that will lead to protecting Ametiger. And worst of all, they never agreed about the idea of a princess like her to be the Ametiger Ninja Warrior. She wanted to be one because she thought it's the best way to rule Ametiger.

She and Rikafu walked towards the throne room as a few strands fell in front of her face again as always, but moved it to its proper place. There in the throne room, they saw not just her parents, but her grandfather standing in front of them.

"Father. Mother. Grandfather", she bowed to them.

"Hello, Shirikuka. I'm glad you came ", said Tekuta.

She walked to her throne and faced her grandfather,"Is it finally time to go out and explore the palace gardens again?".

You see, she used this one as an excuse to train as the Ametiger Ninja Warrior with Kashito III or her parents will be worried about her.

"I'm sorry, Shirikuka, but I have some good news and bad news", he answered as everyone listened,"The good news is that it's time for me to take the most difficult challenge in Ametiger: 'To defeat the Shadow Dragon'".

"That's great news!", said Shikafu.

"Indeed, it is. But the bad news is that I might never come back to see you", he said as he turned to Shikari,"And that means you have to explore palace gardens on your own".

In his eyes, she can tell that he might no longer train her and that she had to teach her future students and her next gen to be true Ametiger Ninja Warriors.

Ridochimiri, the second-in-command, stepped forward and put his right fist on his chest promising him, "I volunteer to protect Shirikuka, no matter what happens to her".

Kashito looked at him,"Thank you, Ridochimiri". Then, he added,"And tomorrow, I will take her to the palace gardens one last time".

That means both of them will have their final training. The royals each put both their hands together and bowed as always.

"Very well, father-in-law", said Shikafu,"You may now take our daughter to the palace gardens".

As he said this, Shikari walked to Kashito and walked with him to the palace gardens where somewhere there, was a secret passage that leads to his monastery.