Chapter 8

August P.O.V

It's been 2 weeks and Zenobia has literally, all together, said only 10 words to me. She's barely said anything to anyone. I love her I do, but I don't know if I can keep chasing her. I don't know what I'm going to do. She's pregnant, she hates me, she's been offered a job that she's still contemplating on. It's hard out here man.

"But ma she doesn't wanna talk to me at all. She hates my guts right now." I say to my mother.

I know what you guys are thinking 'mommas boy'. I ran to my mother for advice, I mean why wouldn't i? She's my mother and the most wisdom filled person I know. She has good advice and she also keeps it 100 with a nigga.

"Well boy, even if she ain't ask for it, you should've used protection. You know that girl ain't been laid down since Jordan was 3, you can't blame her. You should've took it upon yourself and still slid one on. I don't care if it feels good raw, stop acting like a boy and be a man. You're scared of the consequences that follow your actions..." She says as she starts needing the dough for her Pie.

"Ma I understand where your coming from, but she can still talk to me so we can work things out." I say walking over to the pot of collard greens.

"August what you don't realize is that she's tired of working things out with you. You've cheated, lied, caused damage and broken her heart time and time again." She says as she looks up at me. "And if you dig in that pot I'm gonna break your fingers." She adds.

"Ma I just want her to be happy, and this job offer will make her happy." I say as I set the top to the pot back down. "Besides ma, happiness is all I ever wanted for her. She's the mother of my child." I say looking down then rubbing my face apart.

"Then you need to let her know that that's all you want for her then sit her down and talk to her a relationship can't work without communication you should know that" she said looking up from what she was doing.

I honestly don't know what to do with this girl. I know I did wrong and everything but I'm trying to make it right and she ain't making it easy.

"But it's not that easy either ma I haven't spoken to her days and I don't think she's spoken to Jordan either."

Zenobia P.O.V

As I'm staring out the window of this airplane I keep telling myself your doing the right thing. I know I should've told August I was leaving but I just didn't want to talk to him after our little spat in the car I've been through enough, and I'm not going through it with him again.

I didn't even tell my daughter I was leaving I know that's really messed up but I knew she would've told August. I'm not abandoning her, I'm just gonna get to New York, and when I'm settled into the condo that Mr. Anderson has waiting for me. Once I'm settled in, I will call August mom and talk to her. Hopefully August still follows her schedule and Jordan will be at her grandmother's.

I continue to stare out the window and think of all the stuff I've been through, all the things that have hurt me, that have broken me. A bunch of bullshit.

Mr. Anderson knows about the baby and he said that won't be a problem at all. All I have to do is continue to draw up designs, meet the deadlines and be more then he expects. I will always have the office right down the hall from his. On the top floor with a view of New York. This is truly a dream job and the fact that I am doing what I love, is complete utter happiness flowing through my body.

After finally a very long flight, the plane lands. I head to the baggage claim and grab my bags. As I walk through the lobby of the airline I see a guy dressed in a suit holding my name up. I walk over to him and smile.