Chapter 3

August P.O.V

For the past three days it's been good. I've been getting closer with Jordan but as for Zenobia.. I can tell she's only doing this for Jordan. I'm happy she is too, I'm happy she had Jordan because if she didn't she would've been gone. She would've been left me.

Today Zenobia has no school. So she is sleeping in, but at around 11:30 she is going to a lunch in with Mason. Yeah you guys remember Mason right? The doctor, who swooped in and saved MY lady. When honestly she didn't need any saving, all she needed was me to apologize the right way instead of making up excuses. But they never lost contact with each other, they are still close friends, turns out he actually took my advice. Sent all daughters away to the south with his mom. They came back Angels. I just don't know if I trust him around Zenobia. I mean come on we all know she's an amazing and sexy ass lady. Just damn....

"No no no no no, I don't trust it, I mean Jordan think about it, he's gonna end up taking you from me, and I'm an awesome dad right?" I say.

"You're ok, I mean sure..." She says

"Remember I got you the puppy." I say.

"Oh yeah... You are a great dad," she says smiling.

Now wait I know what you guys are thinking, but this is just father daughter small talk. I mean yeah I know this may be a bitch move but she's closer to her mom then anybody I know. Doesn't hurt to try.

"Good, but remember you didn't hear it from me... But they are going out to lunch... To Marrichees pizza and Deli.." I say.

"Oh no not Marrichees... I'm sorry dad but I can't help... That's the best pizza shop ever..." She grabs my hand. "Come on. I know where the suitcases are."

I start dying and pick her up. "Oh you know where the suitcases are huh?" I tickle her and she starts laughing. "How about we just drop into Marrichees later?" I say

"Are we going for the pizza or to spy on mom?" She asks.

"Hmm well you're good at multitasking right?" I ask her.

"Yeah that's my middle name, besides I have extra sticky silly puddy I've been wanting to try on somebody." She says.

"Well ok. It's a date." I say kissing her cheek and she laughs.

"I'm sorry you're too old for me, and plus you're my dad, and my guy friend would so hate that." She says jumping down.

"Your guy friend?? Who is this guy friend??" I ask kneeling down and not realizing father instincts just kicked in.

"The boy I beat up at my party. He likes me." She says smiling big.

"Well maybe I should meet this boy?" I say.

"Yeah do that and I will so hate you." She says crossing her arms.

"Hate me or not, i don't care. Besides you're way too young for a guy friend, aren't you supposed to be learning your ABCs or something like that." I say raising my eyebrow.

"Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.... So you were saying, besides he just gives me his lunch money and his mom makes the best ham and cheese sandwiches ever." She says

"Ok young lady that's enough, you don't need to be gold-digging on a 1st graders, you are smarter then him and your moving too fast." I say tying her shoes.

"Well mom says all guys are stupid and you're the king of them all, she says all you tryna do is fix a life that you already lost." She says.

I look up at her and with nothing else to say I just sigh. "Um come on let's go um.. Let's go get some ice cream or something."