Chapter 1

August P.O.V

Damn 6 years and my career has taken off. Tours and shows, parties and all. I mean everybody loving them some August. Life is great. My career is reaching to the top, my moms is proud, and oh yeah I'm about to drop another album. I think that's it.. Yeah that's it.

I've been recording with my sister. Ms. Nicki Minaj, about to drop that No Love shit. We doing real big things.

I check my phone and sigh. "I got 20 missed calls from this girl man."

"From who?" Nicki asks

"From Zenobia." I shake my head and laugh. "That girl don't trust me for nothing."

"Maybe because when she went to go see her grandmother she came back to you and another girl in the bed." She says. "I don't know why she ain't leave you then." She adds.

"Because she loves it." I sing lightly.

"Uh and here I thought it was because of your daughter.... Whose birthday is today by the way. She's having a huge birthday party in the backyard. That's where I'm headed now." She says grabbing her phone.

"Oh shit. I forgot about that." I say.

"How in the hell did you forget when you're the one who had to plan it this year??" She says.

"I was supposed to plan it???" I say. "Oh shit..." I plop down in the chair. "I forgot to plan it..."

"I kinda thought you would." She sighs. "That's why I planned everything." She looks at me. "And again I saved your ass! Now let's go, you don't wanna miss your daughters birthday party again, especially since both grandmas are there." She says pulling me up and we walk out.

"You are a complete life saver you know that?" We get into her car.

"Yeah yeah yeah, don't mention it, or YOUR FIANCÉ , will kill you. And I'm pretty sure you missed her birthday huh?" She says tapping the driver on the shoulder.

"No I didn't miss her.... Aw fuck!" I slouch in the seat.

"August you keep this up you're gonna lose them for good, no more chances because now there's a young girl, your daughter in the mix. And if I know Zenobia like I know her she won't let nobody, not even the father, hurt her child. She told me after she graduated from college she's taking Jordan and leaving. For good. So no more fucking around, partying late nights, drinking or smoking, no more groupies, none of it. You said your family is your everything. Well right now you aren't acting like they're your everything. You're acting like they're a burden on you." She says as we pull up to my house. "Make things right August." She gets out and pops the trunk and starts piling boxes on the curb. "Now you wanna know the one thing she wanted for her birthday?"

"What?" I get out and walk around to where she is.

She opens up a cage in the back of the truck and pulls out a full breed all white Husky. "This beautiful thing right here." She hands it to me. "She is fascinated by these beautiful wolf looking dogs. "Go ahead and take that to her." She says smiling.

"Thank you sis." I say smiling back.

"You're welcome."

I nod and walk into the house and out to the backyard. I look around and see everything is pink. Nothing but pink. The bouncy house, pink, the cake, pink, the table, pink, the clown is even dressed up in pink. Everything is pink.

I spot my baby girl getting beat on by a little boy. Her mother walks over to her and picks her up, whispers in her ear and sets her down. Jordan smiles and looks at the boy. He goes to hit her again and she swats his hand away.